Author Thread: As Christians is it wrong to desire and be with someone that we're attracted to?
jen124

View Profile
History
As Christians is it wrong to desire and be with someone that we're attracted to?
Posted : 11 Jul, 2014 04:50 AM

I've been asking myself this question for a while now,

"As a Christian is it wrong for us to desire someone that we're attracted to?"

I've asked a few Christians this question and some of them agree while others disagree.

I get sometimes approach by men who like the way I look and want my number to take me out. I'm always polite about it but my attraction towards them is not the same, so I don't give them my number because I don't want to waste their time.

I've been told often to go out with these guys because "they would treat me so good" but I refuse to do so, because that is such a SELFISH reason to be with someone.

If a man treats you like a Queen because he's in love with you, you should also treat him like a King because you love him. Its selfish of us to receive and not being able to give back because we don't feel the same way about that person.

Its also wrong of us to take advantage of someone because they like us. But sometimes it seems like some people like being taken advantage of, for the sake of being in the company of the person they like.

And why is that I feel I'm being judge by others because I don't want to be with a guy that I'm not attracted to.

The same way someone gets butterflies when they sees you it's the same way you should get butterflies when you see them.

Sometimes it feels like in this society it's ok for guys to go for women that they're attracted to, but when a woman does the same, she's being picky or shallow or she must settle with any guy because her biological time clock is ticking.

The way I see this, if someone is not attracted to you, there's always going to be your prince or princess out there, so stop forcing yourself to prove that, you can treat them like a king or queen, but what you also need to realise, is that YOU should be treated like the king and queen that you are.

Before I get any sort of judgement, i like to state I am NOT shallow, because I've got to know guys that are my type but they were not Christian and for me that's a deal breaker, I also got know guys that are my type, they were Christian but we were not compatible, just because two people are Christians doesn not mean that they're compatible.

I believe that when you meet the love of your life it should be PURE love, I don't know if it's right for us to Pray to love a partner because they love us.

Would God give us someone that we're not attracted to?

So brothers and sisters I just want to know your views from this subject.

God bless :)

View Profile
History
As Christians is it wrong to desire and be with someone that we're attracted to?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2015 04:14 PM

I think you are being shallow or you are a shallow person with all respect. the Bible says that God looks on the heart and men look on the outward appearance and I kind of think you're doing that looking on the outward appearance instead of looking on the heart.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2017 09:01 PM

No....

Page : 1 2