Author Thread: Interracial Relationships
Bmore_Lion91

View Profile
History
Interracial Relationships
Posted : 23 Jul, 2014 12:19 AM

So, I recently started talking to a woman outside of my race. We went to a church on our first meeting, and got looked at funny. Then, we went to Walmart and got more looks. I'm just basically wondering why people are not aware of it. Black and white can mix, it's not the end of the world.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2014 11:17 AM

:laugh: It might not be a sin but it's a baaaaaaad idea mate, thus speaks experience

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2014 11:09 PM

State your reasons for your point of view plz Rambo

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2014 10:29 AM

Everyone has probably heard all the logical reasons why it's to be avoided so nvm them. In my case the difference made all sorts of stupid racial issues matter more than they should have and made an already ill advised relationship a total train wreck... The "tribal divide" was simply too great in the end. She kept me a secret from her father because "he would be rather upset about it and probably kill me"... I was way too in love at the time to care so fortunately we never met :laugh:.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2014 10:30 AM

She was Indian btw.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2014 11:55 AM

Sweet brother.. as far as God is concerned the only illogical reason for a true follower of his to not pursue a relationship would be that one of the two persons > are not HIS. We must be equally yoked to in the faith.

Having said that I will say that yes there can be obstacles in a interracial relationship but if it is ordained by God and the man and woman are buried in HIM , there is NOTHING that can break that cord.

Let our truth reflect the word of God.

Ecclesiastes 4:11-12

11Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? 12And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart

Gill's Exposition

And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him,.... If an enemy, or a thief, or a robber, attack anyone of them, in friendship and fellowship together, and is more than a match for him; both joined together will be able to resist him; so that he shall not succeed in his enterprise, and do the mischief he designed; see 2 Samuel 10:11; Thus, when Satan attacks a single believer, which he chooses to do when alone; so he tempted Eve in the garden, and Christ in the wilderness; and one or more fellow Christians know of it, they are capable of helping their tempted friend, by their advice and counsel, they not being ignorant of Satan's devices; and by striving together in their prayers to God for him: so when false teachers make their efforts, as they usually do, Satan like, upon the weaker sex, and, when alone, they too often succeed; but when saints stand fast in one spirit, and strive together for the faith of the Gospel, they stand their ground, withstand the enemy, and maintain truth;

and a threefold cord is not quickly broken; or "in haste" (c); as two are better than one, so three or more united together, it is the better still; they are able to make head against an enemy; and to conquer him, "vis unita fortior est": if a family, community, city, or kingdom, are divided against themselves, they cannot stand; but, if united, in all probability nothing can hurt them. This doctrine is taught in the fable of the bundle of sticks the old man gave to his sons to break; which, while fastened together, could not be done; but, when art bound, and took out singly, were easily snapped asunder; teaching them thereby unity among themselves, as their greatest security against their common enemy. The same instruction is given by this threefold cord; while it remains twisted together, it is not easily broke, but if the threads are untwisted and unloosed, they are soon snapped asunder: so persons in religious fellowship, be they more or fewer, while they keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace, they are terrible, as an army with banners, and the gates of hell cannot prevail against them. And if this is true of the united love and affections of saints, it must be much more so of the love of Father, Son, and Spirit; that threefold cord, with which the saints are drawn and held; and of which it may be said, that it not only is not quickly broken, but that it cannot be broken at all; and therefore those who are held by it are in the utmost safety. Some apply this to the three principal graces, faith, hope, and love, which are abiding ones; and, though they may sometimes be weak and low in their acts and exercise, can never be lost.

Glory be to God!!!! :purpleangel:

luvinpray

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2014 05:41 PM

I come from a family that part of my dads side is racist and ignorant. As a child, teen, I was not allowed to be attracted to black guys. Or date them as a teen. For some reason though I attract black men more then white men, though I am attracted to the person no matter their color.

Long story short, I have decided to not play into the ignorant racism that family has, I am going to wait for whoever God has for me, Black or white. My parents have now come around to the fact that I do date interracial. And they are ok with it now. The people that aren't oh well.

I've also found that it is better if you are going to date outside your race, to go to a church that has many interracial couples. My church has all kinds of races dating. So no one feels weird or stands out.

You do need to be a strong person though, because you will get looks, sometimes insults etc. But if this person is the love of your life, and your relationship is solid in God, then nothing will shake it, not even some ignorant comments or stares.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2014 08:37 PM

Blessings to you sweet sister!

Yes indeed I agree with you!

So where is it that the strength shall come from?

I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me Phil3:16

Let our truth be that> the Word of God!!! Hallejah for he alone is sufficent...

:yay:

ChristianRailfan

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2014 04:01 PM

It's strictly a personal issue; perhaps a little cultural (local) as well - perhaps it's "abnormal" to them if this is a minority for example.

Is it Biiblically acceptable? Absolutely. Yes, there are times when groups were told not to take a spouse, but that was only because the other people weren't "saved" (so to speak) and they're to be purging the area. On the other hand, there's a man at my church who married a Latina, my pastor is married to a Panamanian, and I have a bit of a soft spot for Asians - perhaps most importantly though, remember Moses (a Jew) married an Ethiopian (Black)... ;)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2014 07:31 AM

Race-mixing is illogical and selfish. There are also facts involved that many people don't like to hear, despite calling themselves Christians where they prefer the traditions of men (brainwashing, propaganda) over the words of the Lord.

Stick to your own race. Is there a reason you specifically want a white woman? Is it a trophy thing?

Citations:

Genesis, from the creation of creatures (to be after its own kind), to the deluge and Noah, the curse of Ham's son, the beasts of the field, etc. You realize that the people the Israelites were instructed to kill were the offspring of mixing, right? Giants and 6-fingered people. Just because they could mix, doesn't mean it was logical, the entire world was flooded because of it, race-mixing and homosexuality.

Race statistics and the current state of the world.

The synagogue of Satan pushing race-mixing.

Seeing mixed-race kids angry at their parents for them having no heritage, being bullied, etc.

Elliot Rodger's 141 page manifesto, resenting his mixed genes and being emasculated by it.

Remember, always do the opposite of what Satan says/wants.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2014 04:17 PM

Brother Kev you spoke falsely of Gods word brother. It is best to remain quiet until you have true understanding of Gods word. Your comment about doing opposite of satans leading is unfounded and quite alarming. Are you a racist?

You may be quite surprised to come to know one day when you get to heaven that you are a relative to people of different races. Be very careful what springs forth from your mouth because you will have to account for it one day very soon brother.

What does the Bible say about interracial marriage? Did Noah's sons marry women of different races? Did God allow the men of ancient Israel to have an interracial marriage? Let us notice from the scriptures that what God forbids in His Word is NOT people of different skin colors marrying but marriages where one person worships God and the other person either does not and/or actively believes and worships a FALSE god. In Exodus 34 we find:

15 Do not make any treaties with the people of the country, because when they worship their pagan gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you to join them, and you will be tempted to eat the food they offer to their gods. 16 Your sons might marry those foreign women, who would lead them to be unfaithful to me and to worship their pagan gods. (Exodus 34)

From these verses we can clearly see that God's concern was that marriage to those outside the "church" (Israel was the Church of the Old Testament) would cause Israel to turn away from him. These verses have nothing to do with interracial marriage. The command is similar to what we read in the New Testament in 2Corinthians 6:

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers." (2Corinthians 6:14)

God has given his people the liberty to marry anyone in the Lord regardless of race or skin color. The issue was the same for the Church in the wilderness. Now, some may agree that the main issue had to do with religion, but will still hold on to the idea that race was also included. Let's notice God's ruling on race once religion is taken care of:

"And when a stranger dwells with you and wants to keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; AND HE SHALL BE AS A NATIVE OF THE LAND . . ." (Exodus 12:48)

If a stranger becomes "as a native of the land" then it would no longer be wrong for this person to wed an Israelite. Thus, we see that scripture forbids those of differing religions, NOT differing races, to marry.

Did EACH of Noah's sons have an interracial marriage in order to perpetuate certain races after the flood? No. God's word does not support this view. Rather, God's Word tells us we are all of one blood (Acts 17:26). We are all the descendants of Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:20). We are all the descendants of Noah. We are all of one race (the human race or family). If we trace our roots back, why stop at the sons of Noah? What scripture indicates that we should stop there? Another commonly misunderstood scripture regarding this topic of interracial relationships is found in Genesis 6:9 where it says,

"This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God."

Some believe the phrase, "perfect in his generations," means Noah was the only racially pure person alive.A closer look at the verses surrounding this statement shows this cannot be the correct interpretation. God said Noah was "perfect in his generations" when he called him to build the ark. God then gave Noah 120 years to build it and preach righteousness before He would send the flood (Genesis 6:3). At the time of Noah's calling at the age of 480 (2448 B.C.) his father Lamech was alive as well. His grandfather Methusaleh was also still alive. How could Noah be the only racially "pure" person at the same time his father and grandfather were alive? Were they racially impure and Noah was not? If racial purity was God's concern, why did he not consider Lamech and Methusaleh "perfect" as well?

Why did God scatter the nations at Babel after Noah's flood? Was it to keep interracial marriages from occurring? We find our answer in Genesis 11:1-8. Nimrod led an organized rebellion against God in the building of the tower of Babel. God then scattered man abroad so that unified opposition to him, leading to worldwide destruction, would not occur until its appointed time (see Acts 17:26-30).

Another scripture that is generally misused to support some sort of separation between races is Leviticus 19:19 which states:

". . . You shall not let your livestock breed with another kind. You shall not sow your field with mixed seed. Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you."

This scripture says absolutely nothing about interracial matrimony. It speaks about breeding livestock and sowing your field. When we read the entirety of Leviticus 18 and 19, we find that God is very specific and straight to the point in all of his instructions. God takes the time to make his intention abundantly clear. We should not read our own interpretation into this verse. Nowhere in the scriptures does it state this verse applies to interracial relationships occurring either through dating or to those married. In fact, if we apply this verse to being married, we will actually break other scriptures including the verse above Leviticus 19:19 -

". . . but you shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Leviticus 19:18).

Did God start his chosen nation, Israel, with all the natural advantages of a superior heredity? If Israel's heredity was superior, then everyone else - all other races - must be inferior. This all sounds racist. Yet, many scriptures clearly contradict this view. Let's notice from the scriptures the REAL reason why God chose Israel:

"And because He loved your fathers, therefore He chose their descendants after them; and He brought you out of Egypt with His Presence, with His mighty power, driving out from before you nations greater and mightier than you, to bring you in, to give you their land as an inheritance, as it is this day. " (Deuteronomy 4:37-38).

Notice that God says he chose Israel because of the faithfulness of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and not because of their interracial laws. The scripture also indicates that the other nations were in fact GREATER than Israel, not inferior. God did not choose Israel due to any superior heredity, righteousness, or race on their part. He chose them according to the promise he made to Abraham. Moreover, God chose and blessed Abraham because he obeyed him and not because he was a certain skin color (Genesis 26:5).

The body of Christ' understanding on race must stand on the Bible alone. Since the scriptures do not forbid interracial marriage or say that it is wrong then we must not forbid it either nor should we speak ill of it since we are supposed to be hidden in HIM who wrote the word!

Let our truth reflect that of Gods Holy Living Word.

Shun all else as heresy and of a tool of satan.

Study as the bereans do......:purpleangel:

Blessings!

Page : 1 2 3