Author Thread: why is it so important to be equally yoked.. ?
Admin

why is it so important to be equally yoked.. ?
Posted : 18 May, 2009 12:01 PM

dear folks, heres why...

2 corinthians 6:14-18 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them

And walk among them.

I will be their God,

And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them

And be separate, says the Lord.

Do not touch what is unclean,

And I will receive you."

18 "I will be a Father to you,

And you shall be My sons and daughters,

Says the Lord Almighty."

MAY GLORY BE TO GOD

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2009 02:33 PM

Amen Cattleman,

It is really that simple. God said so and the Father knows what is best for his children.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2009 12:55 PM

what if they belive in god but have differnet veiws? for instance, they belive that god is a women, or bible is not all the way true?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2009 03:41 PM

dear rbk, then id stay as far away from em as i could.. thats still unequally yoked.

ole cattle

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2009 11:25 AM

Bless you, cattleman.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2009 11:47 AM

RBK,

Believing that the entire Bible is the inspired, infallible, word of God is foundational to our faith. Cattleman is right, if someone does not believe the Bible to be the truth, or if they believe in a different God than Who the Bible describes, you would be unequally yoked with them.

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2009 06:22 PM

Oops, sorry the scripture copied twice...

Blessings, Lydia :dunce:

Seuss

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 12:32 PM

I agree. I have a boyfriend who is not a christian. He is searching. He has good morals. He does not believe in sex outside of marriage. We have fun together. He makes me smile and laugh, and sometimes that is hard to find in someone. I hate to say this guys, but sometimes I think that many christians are narrow minded regarding having a boyfriend or girlfriend who is not a christian. My boyfriend does not drink, smoke, cuss, and do drugs. He is a republican too believe it or not. Maybe I am only justifying my relationship. To be honest, I do not like being alone. This life is hard enough as it is.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 01:40 PM

Seuss,

Quote:

Maybe I am only justifying my relationship. To be honest, I do not like being alone. This life is hard enough as it is.

Bingo! That is exactly what you are doing and it is a worldly way of thinking just as your post on shacking up is worldly. The Bible says quite clearly that we are not to be unequally yoked:

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

This is a commandment that Jesus has given to us through His apostles, it is not a suggestion!

Let me ask you this my sister, are you living with your unsaved boyfriend? I ask this based on your posts which so clearly go against what the Bible teaches.

If we have the joy, peace, and contentment that only the Lord can give, then why is it so hard for some to live alone until marriage? Maybe this calls for some serious self examination.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Which will you choose?

Blessings, Lydia

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 04:03 PM

Seuss,

The first thing, which I think walter asked you, is if you already have a boyfreind, why are you on a dating website?

But secondly, being with an unbeliever has nothing to do with shared morals or having fun or anything like this. It is about the fact that deep down inside, that person is spiritualy dead, and at emnity with God. They are not in your family, and they are a danger to you.

Unbelievers are to be loved, yes, but at arms length. I spent the last 8 years of my life married to a women who I thought, at first, was a believer, but it was revealed over the course of the passing years - much to my horror - that she really did not have a real relationship with Jesus. You cannot imagine the endless dificulties in every area of life this caused. There were conflicts over everything you could imagine.

It finally culminated in her being unfaithfull multiple times and finally leaving me for another man who she now lives with.

You are laying in the enemies arms, beware, the serpent will dazzle you with lies untill you let all your defences down, then the truth will bite you in the behind - like it did me.

There is nothing new under the sun, the end of named sins is always the same. The scenery along path may differ but the destination is the same - it's a pit.

Yes, in view of the fact that unbelievers outnumber believers significantly, they are much easier to come by. But just because there is more dirt on the ground then diamonds doesnt mean you give up and fill your pockets with dirt. Not when you are specifically looking for a diamond....

Also keep in mind, God is involved here. and it is more important to please him and keep him happy then it is to suit your own needs temporarily. He will not bless your congress with the enemy or his agents. If you take up residence in the ememies camp, you become part of the opposition. You will be opposed. You can't expect to be able to run around in the enemies camp waving your hands and yelling HEY IM ON YOUR SIDE!!!! IM HERE BY MISTAKE!!!! when judgement time comes and not get pelted with the objects of heavenly wrath.

Get out while the gettings good, shake off the dust, ask God to find the elements in your thinking and decision making that would lead you to take an unveliever in your arms, and repent.

We (christians) have not become too narrow minded. The bible has not changed. Truth always stays true, it's men and women who try to bend it to suit thier needs (and always fail)

Choose someone that has the most important thing in life and living in common with you - faith in Christ. If you make exception with the most important thing in life, what is to stop you from allowing that to trickle down stream into every area of your life? Thats like having the enemy comander standing next to you in the throne room with a sword to your kneck while the peons are fighting for the outside walls... kinda backwards eh?

Make sense, not mistakes.

Love in Christ,

Alex

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 04:08 PM

Alex,

AMEN!!!!

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Blessings, Lydia

Page : 1 2 3