Author Thread: dating divorced woman
angelicka25

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 10 Aug, 2014 03:27 PM

Would that be a reason for you guys not to date/marry a woman? I heard some men talking in church today about dating divorced woman and they all agreed that thats a no-go to them because theres no guarantee that they wont divorced them too since they already did it once and i was actually pretty shocked because i never thought that men do think like that...i mean of course a divorce shouldnt be an option if you get married,but sometimes it is neccecerly,i would never judge a divorced person like that because ive been thru it too,so heres my question,is that really such a no-go to all christian man or is it just the personal opinion of the men in my church?

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 11 Aug, 2014 03:39 AM

Never underestimate paranoia. With divorce rates as high as they are and more and more people basically treating marriage as more temporary than permanent this kind of attitude is only natural.

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 11 Aug, 2014 10:51 AM

I tend to agree (though I won't claim to be right about it) - I do think there is only one biblical basis for divorce and if that was the case then I don't have a problem with marrying a divorcee (provided she wasn't the one who cheated of course), but we only have their words for what happened. Also it much riskier for men to get married in terms of what they could lose if it all goes south so taking on somebody who's already had a failed marriage is more of a gamble. Like I said, may not be fair or right, but you know what they say about once bitten...

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 11 Aug, 2014 04:26 PM

What God has joined together, let no man separate. I take Jesus' statement seriously. God does not separate through a writing of divorcement. He ends the bond of marriage through death. That's the stance I take, and I wouldn't compromise on it for any woman.

Jesus also said that divorce wasn't the way of things in the beginning, so who are we to make it the way of things in these last days? I don't care if every man turns aside, the way of truth remains!

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 11 Aug, 2014 04:46 PM

Sevendust do you know why she got a divorce? There are biblically legitimate reasons for divorce. Infidelity is one.

sexual immorality (Matthew 5:32; 19:9)

Quit traveling the posts and pointing your judging self righteous finger at folks! .

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 11 Aug, 2014 06:00 PM

I did not judge the woman who made the opening post on this thread. I do not know her circumstances, but I do know what Jesus Christ said, as you well should.

Matthew 19:6 "What God has joined together let no man put asunder." Such a statement is clear. I haven't misunderstood it.

And I ain't departing on your say so.

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 11 Aug, 2014 07:09 PM

The OP asked guys a question. She didnt ask where you stand on divorce and for your scripture of the day...

divorcement is not a word and I didnt ask you to leave.

Welcome to the boards brother but it would behoove you to be nice and get along.

Blessings!:purpleangel:

Lukia

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 12 Aug, 2014 06:51 AM

Jesus Christ gave "infidelity" as avaried reason for divorce.

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 12 Aug, 2014 08:32 AM

"divorcement is not a word" Divorcement is a less common word for divorce. Your unfamiliarity with a particular noun does not exclude it from the English language.

The OP asked guys a question" Yes, she did. I'm a guy and I supplied her with a relevant answer. She politely inquired if it is fair to deem a divorced woman as being inclined to divorce again.

It is grossly unfair for any man to view a divorced woman with such suspicion. But different guys will have different reasons for choosing not to take a divorced woman's hand in marriage. I wouldn't feel comfortable marrying a divorced woman, knowing that she has previously been one flesh with another man. That is my choice and not something I would expect other people to adhere to. I only shared my reasoning with the intention of showing that not all reasons are judgmental.

If two agree, they'll get along. If they don't, they won't. Who knows what tomorrow (God willing) will bring. Regardless, God bless you, hiddeninhimalways.

Lukia, you speak the truth. I am not here to dispute the words of Jesus Christ. God bless you in His name.

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 12 Aug, 2014 08:44 AM

Ok so its a word but who uses it?:laugh:

When speaking in terms of a divorce it is customary to say DIVORCE. When speaking in terms "of something " its formal terminology. letter OF divorcement, bill OF divorcement...

Good on ya brother!

Gods grace abide in us...:purpleangel:

dunravin

View Profile
History
dating divorced woman
Posted : 13 Aug, 2014 02:44 AM

I wonder if those strange critters called girl cooties are any different on divorced women than on undivorced women or predivorced women...just wondering and musing upon imponderables

Page : 1 2 3 4