Author Thread: equally yoked, attraction & same doctrinal beliefs
Prov356

View Profile
History
equally yoked, attraction & same doctrinal beliefs
Posted : 17 Aug, 2014 12:48 AM

Hi, I live in Tucson. There are not many Christian woman in my City or surrounding areas (on this site) with the same stringent walk in the faith that I have. I don't drink & quit smoking cigarettes on Jan 29, 1990. I find that many woman on this site come across with nice profiles until I see that they have 1 or two on occasion. I also read that they like to dance. I assume that they mean that they listen to non-Christian music and dance to it as well? Then its the attraction factor. Not that I'm picky but it just seems that the potential mate for me is either hidden or she just hasn't passed my way yet. And I'm really new to the internet scene. I've never had a problem meeting woman in Church, I was just busy doing a lot. I'm ready to enjoy life now but it would be better to share it with someone. I recently moved to the northwest area and I'm currently praying to find a Church. One that teaches a non-triune belief because Jesus did say that the Father is greater than Him. It's not easy being single and I have met some nice sisters on here. I know I still have a youthful look and flow but I'm 54!! I am being very patient but when you're looking for that "just right" companion most of us would agree that tomorrow would be just about the right time :D A whole lotta people searchin' for love not willing to "settle" lol. God bless His children. Now, Lord!! Now! God's timing is His timing. God bless CDFF. Pray for America! And pray for our brothers and sisters in other places that are being persecuted elsewhere for the faith. Blessings.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
equally yoked, attraction & same doctrinal beliefs
Posted : 22 Aug, 2014 08:49 AM

I understand the difficulty when holding a minority doctrinal position. Mine wasn't in the degree of minority you describe, but I felt like it due to the college I was attending when I was initially dating.

Are there some churches that teach your position? Perhaps that get together with other churches at some kind of camp meeting or conference? I would look into that. The only group I'm aware of that teaches a non-trinitarian doctrine of Jesus subject to the Father (except for a voluntary subjection during the time of His incarnation) is the Jehovah's Witnesses. I suspect you've already eliminated them for other reasons.

The churches I know that hold the doctrine and standards I do are also strongly enough against remarriage after divorce, that I will probably need to change churches in order to remarry -- which I do believe is biblical for the innocent party to do.

So ... once again ... I'm in a minority that is not easily categorized.

May God bless you in your search ... and continue to guide you in your understanding of the Scriptures. In another circumstance, I would argue the trinitarian position, as I do believe that's what the Bible teaches. But you've probably heard any argument I would raise. If you follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit faithfully, we'll sit beside each other in heaven's doctrines class and both get our errors corrected :)