Author Thread: Men as hunters
proverb356

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 8 Sep, 2014 02:51 PM

Are men hunters when it comes to finding a woman? Do they enjoy a chase and like it what a woman plays "hard to get"? Is it okay for women to make the first move? Do men know when they found "the one"?

A women's devotional that I read said that Adam knew that Eve was part of him as soon as he saw her. It was saying that men are hunters by nature and will hunt for their woman. It said that woman should not be too available in spending time with a man and that she should not chase him down.

What are your thoughts?

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 8 Sep, 2014 05:35 PM

Traditionally, men are hunters. In recent years, nice guys have been scolded into doing less hunting.

Most American men will not be put off by a woman who makes the introduction. In fact, less "aggressive" guys will probably appreciate it.

Attempting to model every romance after any particular marriage in the Bible is error-prone. Heaven help the guys who feel compelled to go after Gomer!

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 9 Sep, 2014 12:33 AM

Even more men are chided for being "too forceful".

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 9 Sep, 2014 06:44 AM

True, Rambo.

Regarding whether a woman should be careful about spending too much time ... and kind of play "hard to catch" ... I don't know.

She doesn't want to come across as desperate or unstable. But that doesn't necessarily mean she can't be the one to make the introduction or that she really has to seem elusive.

1mountain

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 10 Sep, 2014 11:08 PM

Yes agreed with you guys on the aggressiveness thing, there's just too many reasons not to pursue someone culturally now. In person (not on this site) the biggest drawback is if the woman isn't wearing a ring (and often enough if she is wearing one to deter guys she doesn't like from hitting on her) we never know if we start conversation with her that her boyfriend will walk around the corner the next minute. Most single girls from what I've noticed wear a badge that says 'single' on their shirts.

I honestly think it's more than acceptable it's recommended that the girl be the first to show interest. I'd say 90% of all the messages I send to gals on this site never get a response of any kind. I respond to every single message someone writes to me. When I don't respond to a wink that's different, the person didn't take time and put thought into a message. But think about it, when you're out in person who's the usual gender to show the first interest? It is the girl, when she smiles at a guy she finds attractive, because without that encouragement the guy probably will assume she has a boyfriend.

That said some have likened guys / gals relationships to a chaseor a hunt, I think it's more of a dance. Yes the guy needs to lead, but the gal can only play slightly hard to get otherwise they won't exactly be dancing with each other will they? The girl has to entice the man but that's not exactly playing hard to get it's more encouraging him to pursue her.

proverb356

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 11 Sep, 2014 05:09 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I do agree that some men can be too aggressive and demand that you are there's without getting to know you first. I like the idea of dating as a dance.

1mountain

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 11 Sep, 2014 09:51 PM

Yeah I heard from a friend on here she routinely gets marriage proposals as first messages from guys here. Guys and gals are a bit too quick to get emotionally involved online and aside from the drive of loneliness I'm not sure why. I like to think of it as a dance too. Am tired of dancing alone, but haven't had a dance partner for years.

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 26 Sep, 2014 04:07 AM

Don't play hard to get. Reasons:

1. Many of the guys won't send you dozens of messages online fearing getting blocked or your account deleted.

2. Reply with respect and appreciate someone for taking their time to write to you or for taking the first step.

3. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels (Heb. 13:2).

4. Yes as men were created first but things have changed, women are taking the lead in relationships.

So if you're a woman and wants a shy guy, take a lead.

jonrambow

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 14 Oct, 2014 01:37 AM

Depends on the guy. I can never be bothered chasing and if shes not keen I loose interest pretty easily. Some guys love it tho. If they are laid back chances are they wont chase you. Hope that helps :nahnah:

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 4 Nov, 2014 01:50 PM

Men are not hunters when it comes to romance. Most men will never play along with hard-to-get.

Men are shepherds. Evil men herd goats, good men herd sheep. But men are shepherds. Always and only. Never doubt it. If a man isn't a shepherd, then he's just a confused man.

misterpet

View Profile
History
Men as hunters
Posted : 15 Apr, 2018 03:23 PM

Well if the values speak of consist of blocking men who want to talk [the hunters?], instead of telling them you are not interested, then my dear at your age you will be single for a long time to come, unless you settle for a similar loser. Must be the liberal mentality in you. Be blessed.