Author Thread: Prophetic words/words of destiny
JArndt

View Profile
History
Prophetic words/words of destiny
Posted : 28 Sep, 2014 09:47 PM

So my church had a stand at the apple festival this weekend in Niles and we gave out free words of destiny (prophetic words) to people and I thought it would be cool to do that here for the last person who posted.:excited:

So a crash course for those of you who don�t know what the prophetic is we simply listen to what God has to say about other people and what is on His heart for them.:stop: We only give encouraging words so if all you saw was a negative thing for them we would prophesy the opposite over the person. For example if all you saw was the person getting sick you would prophesy life and health over them.:stop: If you would like to do this please don�t do dates, or mates as well as major life decisions. This is to be an encouragement for another person.

dunravin

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2014 11:45 PM

I cannot see the prophetic mantle here, all I see are words of affirmation or encouragement. Now I am sure that your church leadership has considered the office of prophet and the differences between that and prophetic utterances but still I am unsure of the line between what is essentially personal prophecy or words of affirming the other person or encouragement and prophecy within a social and Biblical context.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2014 06:01 PM

That's a little confusing ^^' I'm kinda agreeing with dunravin, it just sounds more like encouragement instead of prophetic. But I also got to say that is very nice of you guys doing this for others. In this day in age we need more good in the world. Saying positive things to others definitely counts. ^-^ So, way to go.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2015 09:33 AM

Amazing!!!! Part of the function prophetic is to encourage. I think that's a cool and should be practised more often!!!