Author Thread: Where have all the virtuous women gone?
Apostelle

View Profile
History
Where have all the virtuous women gone?
Posted : 2 Oct, 2014 09:03 AM

This is a serious question. I have been trying to find a virtuous woman my entire adult life. Even the single women in my church seem preoccupied with money and status. They all seem to be looking for "bad boys".

As a Christian man, I refuse to accept a woman who, after sleeping with half the men in town, suddenly decides that she wants a good man.

Ive worked hard all my life and tried by best to be a virtuous man. Now, when I am able to support a wife and family, there are no virtuous women left.

Im just tired of looking.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2014 06:25 PM

Have you tried ChristianMingle or eHarmony? These sites are not free, but maybe you could find more women there. I don't know. (?)

Just a suggestion.

Best wishes

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2014 09:54 PM

I tried both. Nada.

ChromeplatedHeart

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 09:06 AM

Remember IWA? He found his at FB, in a reformist group etc etc.

flyby

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 08:00 PM

I here ya Apostelle and I doubt that woman would be on an online dating site or even on a computer at all but if you can muster enough forgiveness Im pretty sure you could find a sweet born again beauty here on CDFF.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 01:25 AM

True, flyby. I was speaking more of women in general. I gave up on online dating awhile back. Most of the women in my age range have had one, or more, marriages. I dont date divorced women because there is no way to tell if she divorced because of adultery. And chances are, she already has children and doesnt want more. There are no unattached women at my church. Ive attended other churches in my area, same story.

So, Im kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 08:48 AM

Those of us over 35 are looking at:

* divorced women -- some innocently, some not

* widowed women -- but in an era of generally low mortality, not that many

* much younger women -- but the level of partnership to be built with a significant age difference is questionable

* single women who have not married at the time of life most do. Why? I know a couple great ladies who appear to have been denied much opportunity to date. It does mean they are jewels hard to get to.

We're at some disadvantages compared to where we were in our 20's. Hopefully we're wiser as well as older. Some of the ladies are too.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 11:20 AM

Perhaps it's just a case of the flowers being choked by the weeds so to speak. Virtuous woman get sidelined socially these days unless they fake godlessness.

Pops61

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 11:27 AM

Nothing wrong in your desire by honoring God and holding to his higher standards concerning the marriage covenant. I admire you for that, but as you well know it does limit your/ n all our choices though brother.

You got me interested about the biblical and moral standard and I found this article, it's too long for copy-paste but interesting reading concerning divorce-remarriage, maybe you've already seen it but thought may interest others too.

http://www.equip.org/articles/biblical-grounds-for-divorce-and-remarriage/#christian-books-1

a short quote the end of the article...

In a broken world, holiness may be more difficult to find than happiness. But such is our calling as Christians in marriage. We may not like that message, but it is biblical. As Paul wrote, �And I think I too have the Spirit of God� (1 Cor. 7:40).

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 01:40 PM

Apostelle you say you wont date divorced women because there is no way to tell if she divorced because of adultery. I don't think that is your reason.

With your line of thinking, there is no way to tell if she is or isn't lying about ANY aspect of her life. Are you really looking for a virtuous woman? How would you know she is virtuous? There is no way to tell if she is really virtuous or if she is lying about secret deal breakers from her past. Why are you even considering dating then?

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 02:34 PM

Yes, CuriousGeorge, that is the reason. No woman is worth condemning my eternal soul by making myself an adulterer. I know you dont want to believe that, but its the truth. I dont speak falsehoods no matter the consequences. I lost a friend because he asked me if I thought his brother went to hell because he killed himself. I told him yes. His brother didnt want to go to jail and he shot himself in the head. I told him the reason I thought he went to hell was because he had committed murder. Murder of himself. Up until the moment of death, he had only sinned in his heart. The moment he killed himself, he committed murdered and once youre dead, its too late to ask for forgiveness.

Now, if I would be so bluntly truthful to a friend, why would I lie to a stranger?

Page : 1 2 3 4