Author Thread: So plane tickets booked and she drops this bomb shell..
Admin

So plane tickets booked and she drops this bomb shell..
Posted : 25 Oct, 2014 09:03 AM

So this cute girl and I start talking on here and it turns out we have so much in common, even down to what cars we own! Everything is going great It's not long before we both say how interested we are in each other, a few weeks pass we are still regularly chatting we swap numbers and txt and Facetime (which is basically skype) She lives in America and I live in the UK which is okay but I said how I've always wanted to visit the USA and anyway she invites me to go out there and see her/America, so I start to look at flights and accommodation out there and find the right ones for me and after a few changes I get a date set.

So she's really made up that I'm coming and at the same time surprised I think that I managed to get the tickets as they were expensive, so a little time goes by and she gets a little distant with me and then one day i randomly get a txt saying how she still really likes her ex and she still Isn't over him though they broke up 9 months ago! (Now I asked this question am i rebound when we first started talking and she said "no, not at all nothing like that" so I didn't think much of it) So upon getting this txt i panic a bit and see if i can cancel my flight because whats the point in going if shes still crying over her ex. But as my luck has it the flight is none refundable.

Sooo I'm like "What should i do, i can't cancel my flight" and shes all like "but i still want you to come" I think she has the idea when she meets me she will be able to move on from her ex, so i have a dilemma to walk away from the flights or to go anyway, so i end up saying what happens if i come as a friend and at least get to see a bit of america and make the most of a bad situation and shes fine with that but still says how much she would like it to work out between us.

So two weeks left till I am due to go and it seems so hard to get her full attention, i know there's different time zones but that was never an issue at the beginning but i'm rethinking the should i still go situation, I've never had so much in common with a girl before, shes exactly my type its like i couldn't ask for someone as awesome as her.

So advice i guess on what i should do, i really like her and want it to work out shes seems a really nice girl and thanks for reading, i didn't realize it would be this long lol,

Graham

AriFi

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2014 12:12 PM

Bad luck - she is unreliable and you should avoid her otherwise you will end up in trouble later on. On the other hand, it would be a pity to waste the tickets. So I would personally go to visit the U.S., meet her as a friend, but definitely I would not marry this women. Just be careful not to fall in love, that is dangerous! :-) Reason first :-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2014 12:43 PM

ebay dude, ebay

sisygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2014 01:42 AM

Hi Graham!

In asmuch disappointing as this seems right now cause you've already bought the ticket, be very glad that she revealed this earlier when you can still withdraw even if it means forfitting your money if you would dicede not to fly to America. Imagine if she was to tell you this when you're already there maybe on your first meeting inperson? It would have ruined the entire experience not to mention wasting your time too let alone your money!

I think you should carry on with your visitation cause you've always wanted to visit America and since you won't be refunded, might as well. And yes it won't be the same as it would have had she not tell you this BUT hey be glad that you know now rather than latter when you would have been there already!

It was very thoughtful of you to invest effort into this, pity...

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2014 10:24 AM

G'day sir,

There are rules when you are entering a relationship with someone, the first one is to point blank ask them about when their last relationship ened. If it was a long relationship then there is a 1.5 year window in which you shall not date this person. It takes that long to heal. Unfortunately this woman was not honest it is sets the tone and relegates her to friendship status for the rest of the time you know her. Her character has been established, at least where you are personally concered. That is the bad news,

The good news is you have a vacation and you must record the high points and see some history and landmarks and learn the lesson you were given and chalk it up to a history lesson in both the human condition and the bible because Yeshua says this:

�I�m telling you that although wealth is often used in dishonest ways, you should use it to make friends for yourselves. When life is over, you will be welcomed into an eternal home. 10 Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with a lot. Whoever is dishonest with very little is dishonest with a lot. 11 Therefore, if you can�t be trusted with wealth that is often used dishonestly, who will trust you with wealth that is real? 12 If you can�t be trusted with someone else�s wealth, who will give you your own?

In your case wealth is your mental health. You must learn to ask questions my friend because questions have answers no matter if the person speaks to them or not. If someone does not answer your question rephrase it directly, it is also a fact they do not understand what you are asking.

Good luck and stay aware of your surroundings and what the people are doing around you, exercise cuation at night if you intend to see America.

OnlyAchi

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2014 02:09 PM

Don�t even go there brother. I have had exactly the same situation myself. What will you find there is more than just tears over her ex. Red ticket my friend, but even, try to ask her to make your relationship public and see what happens.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2014 03:20 PM

Sounds like you should forget about her (some women just get off on the attention but have no real desires for a relationship, others do but are unsuited to being in one and most are oblivious to the hassle they cause), but that doesn't mean you should forego the whole USA trip - unless you haven't planned anything to do there because you were expecting to spend all your time with her!

I've never been myself and would love to visit, even if just the once, because America for better or worse is a major part of the world stage and seeing for yourself is better than third-hand opinions and media portrayals. Of course, if you happen to attend a church whilst over there then you never know, you might just meet someone who's ready to reciprocate your love...

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2014 02:04 PM

Let me attempt attempt to put this as mildly as possible, as an American to a Brit bro.

Take your losses, chalk it up as a learning, and dump that chick like yesterday's garbage.

I'm serious, dude. She's a rider. She'll ride an old horse till a better one comes along. She is a user, a player, and a self-serving coward. She's a first cousin of a gold digger.

DUMP THAT CHICK and never look back.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2014 09:12 AM

So apparently she's got her self a boyfriend now..

But i have decided not to waste the tickets and im going anyway, got my dollars and car sorted and im going on a road trip to explore america and a few states, apparently girls like the British accent so her loss i guess, im so excited leave home in 12 hours for the states, its going to an amazing trip though and thank you all for you advice, i appreciate it!

:peace:

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2014 04:36 AM

Maybe you will find the real answers when you meet her in person. There are other reasons why she got cold feet in meeting you, maybe she�s not ready and this boyfriend is just an alibi�maybe her family scares or scolds her of meeting someone she met on line�maybe the negative views on her are right OR maybe wrong�when you meet in person I hope everything will work out for good for both of you�if not, just enjoy your trip. God bless you!