Author Thread: LOTTO PHONE SCAM
WaitingForJesus

View Profile
History
LOTTO PHONE SCAM
Posted : 15 Jan, 2015 08:47 AM

I want to warn everybody about this phone scam so I posted the email I sent to the News channel and CMPD police. WE as Christians have the wisdom of God but I wanted to post this anyway! :-)

Peace in Jesus

Waiting For Jesus

================================================================

1/15/2015 9:19am

Dear WBTV News,

I want to let you know about this SCAM so you can warn elderly citizens in our Charlotte community. This call came in early this morning from 1-876-398-5170 with a man saying he was Michael Smith from the Mega Million Lotto Company. I had just won 3.5 million dollars and a check would be delivered to me today by 12 noon. To prove who I am, I'm to go Walgreens or CVS and buy a Green Dot Money Patch Scratch Card for 1% of the lotto money $405.00. The taxes have already been taken out of the check so this card is to prove that I'm the one who is the winner. I ask what happens if I don't have the card when the check is delivered and he says they will have to go back with the prize money check. I said I want them to email me all this information and Michael said on the UPS delivery had my information.

This guy says they UPS are driving from Livingston NC or SC I don't remember which one. He goes all into details about this winning. Then he wants me to call him back. I call back this 876-398-5170 number and its a Check Call Restricted number. Then my phone rings again and its this Michael Smith guy saying hes calling from a new number for me to call back when I get this Green Dot Money Patch Scratch Card. The new number is 513-394-8070 and I call it. A man picks up with the same voice as this Michael guy but he says his name is James from the delivery dept.

By this time I was tired of this mess, eating up my cell phone minutes and waking me up from a good sleep!! I tell this James, Michael person to go call someone else and he gets ignorant on the phone and I hang up. He calls back and I reject the call and he calls back again and cusses at me and I hang up.

Sooooo........ if I had been an elderly person, I may have given them my full name with my address and any other information. I may have gotten this money card and called them back and they would have come , mugged me and took the money. This sounds like an old scam but since PCH lotto has lots of commercials on TV, it might work on some poor elderly person. Please warn people. Thanks.

Peace in Jesus