Author Thread: Gods point of view....
Admin

Gods point of view....
Posted : 6 Feb, 2015 08:19 PM

Dear brethren,

Do you watch movies where cursing abounds? How about have sex scenes or even innuendo to ungodly things ? How about tv/movies that glorify violence,mysticism or love of money? Can you really truthfully say what you set your eyes on is glorifying God?

Do you dare watch anything where they blaspheme Gods name? If you are watching a movie/tv and any of these things are present;do you shut it off or continue to watch?

Romans 6

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self[a] was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free[b] from sin.

Matthew 6:22

?The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light,

Matthew 10:16

?Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

Psalm 101:3

I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Job 31:1

?I have made a covenant with my eyes; how then could I gaze at a virgin?

Proverbs 13:15

Good sense wins favor, but the way of the treacherous is their ruin.

Gods grace to you

ibanez777

View Profile
History
Gods point of view....
Posted : 24 Jun, 2015 11:07 PM

I agree, the more I am filled with the Holy Spirit and get closer to God, The more I am giving up all secular tv,movies music etc...I cringe when they take God's name in vain...

Thanks for posting this..

God Bless:angel:

View Profile
History
Gods point of view....
Posted : 24 Jun, 2015 11:14 PM

You are so very welcome!

Gods grace abides!