Author Thread: How do you know the Christian God is the right God?
Admin

How do you know the Christian God is the right God?
Posted : 1 Apr, 2015 05:04 AM

I am confused by some things in the Christian faith.

1. some of the ''Christians'' I have met have treated me the worst out of all people. I am a nice person and didn't deserve to be treated that way. I treat others with kindness, and would expect the same in return.

2. Does God make the rules? It seems awfully harsh that our sins would be so bad that he would *have* to send his son on a cross to die for our sins. Like, is it really that hard to forgive us? humans are somewhat stupid after all, and aren't all knowing like God. I don't think we are always aware of just how bad our actions are, and the effect they have on others. Surely people should be forgiven, no matter how bad their sins are, once a certain amount of time has passed. If God made the rules, why can't he be more leniant?

3. Why is homosexuality considered a bad thing? It doesn't make sense to me. Males and females are made differently so we can reproduce, but surely, we have enough people on earth as it is, and we aren't managing to feed everyone and give them what they need. Surely, less people would be a good thing (I'm not promoting abortion or anything, that I disagree with).

4. Alot of things in the bible don't seem loving, or even make sense.

5. Why are people allowed several wives or to keep slaves and then things like homosexuality are frowned upon?

6. Is God ok with *some* people being rich, but not others? why?

What has convinced you that the Christian God exists over other Gods? I geniunely want to know. I don't like Christianity a lot at the moment, but I like the idea of having someone that watches over me, that loves and cares for me. There are parts of the bible that make a lot of sense and things that make me want to like God, but then things that don't make any sense. Originally, I was a Christian because I didn't want to go to hell. I don't know if I even believe in hell anymore. I believe in a God, but I'm not sure what one. I'm not convinced by the Big Bang Theory or that any of this could exist without a creator. I want to believe the truth, but to do that, I need to know what the truth is, and I need some convincing. I've tried looking for answers by myself and haven't found them. I don't want to doom myself for eternity if the Christian God is the real, only, genuine God. I've never found peace praying, or felt like my prayers were being answered. I don't feel like I have a relationship with God, and either that's because there isn't one, or I haven't been able to open myself up fully out of fear. I go to Church and see people claiming to be healed or hear things from God, or they claim they can see angels, and it feels like they are either lying or delusional. I used to believe those things too, so maybe they genuinely believe. I don't know.

The reason I joined a Christian dating site is, I still believed in God when I originally signed up, and now, I am eager for discussion with people, and I don't see myself ever dating a Non Christian. If I decide to be a Christian, I want to be with someone that puts God first and is the kind of person that wouldn't date a Non Christian, which is obviously a problem for me because I'm not sure what I believe. I feel like it isn't fair to date a Christian for this reason, because I'm not all that they would be looking for, and it's not fair to date a Non Christian because we would still be unequally yoked.

Feel free to PM me.

Hark

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2015 05:19 PM

Wow Keonikane! I aspire to your level of patience and diligence. Good work!

Glory to YHWH!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2016 01:18 AM

Hi Steph,

Thank you for posting. Since I'm so late responding I'll ad a few words just on how we know the Christian God is the right and only God. Several lines of evidences prove our God is the only true God. Only He has done the following: He has left us with a verifiable testimony in which he, and only he can reveal future events long before they take place. Only He can give life to the dead, heal all manner of sickness and heal every kind of physical malady. But greater still, only he can forgive sin. These are a few starters.

Page : 1 2