Author Thread: Gym Date?
Admin

Gym Date?
Posted : 2 Apr, 2015 12:26 AM

Hello Fellas!

What about gym dates? There are a lot of men that have posted something in reference to a gym or working out. Maybe not for the first couple of dates, but later? At what point do some men get turned off by how well a women can lift weights, pump iron, or whatever analogy you want to provide? Sometimes I want to post some of my previous statistics, if for no other reason but a chuckle from myself or others! I think that workout dates could be a really good way to bond, and get into better physical shape together. Personally, I am all for it! There's just one thing: some men I have encountered in the past, have commented that I am able to lift a lot of heavier things than some other women, that I am able to keep up with the men - for the most part. It seems like this usually happens to me on the rare occasions that I am moving something while in a skirt or dress, also on the occasions when I am moderately dressed-up. This comment usually makes me reevaluate whatever I am helping with because, I don't quite fit in with the girlie-girls, and I'm not really like a tomboy from my younger days. While I know I am not in the best physical shape, I know my muscles are still capable of lifting similiar amounts, if not more than what I used to do over 5+ years ago. So, in other words, would most healthier gym savvy guys completely dismiss myself or other women because we aren't currently involved in this ourselves?

I'm sure there are lots of personal preference variations too, such as: what body feature on a woman is more appealing to men; and what body feature on a man is more appealing to a woman. Why women tend to enjoy watching a man in action, because that is the best time to see what his body was built to do. Why men tend to enjoy watching a woman at rest, because that is the best time to see what her body was built to do.

Keonikane

View Profile
History
Gym Date?
Posted : 7 Jun, 2015 06:01 PM

So, you gym savvy guys too busy pumping iron to answer her questions? Lol! :ROFL:

If you don't mind, I'd like to comment on this although I'm not a gym dude, but try to stay physically fit by my routine activities.

I visited your profile and noticed something you said... �I would describe myself as a straight-shooter, I do not like to beat around the bush - I may even miss those hints.�, and I think that this may be the point.

I don't think that they are looking at how well you can do these things, but rather if it is part of your lifestyle. Normally a person wouldn't just go on a casual gym date like one goes out for coffee. It's a committed lifestyle, not a casual one. Then again, maybe they are looking for that physically model like proportioned girl but didn't want to sound so �in your face�, in a more subtle less hurting way. Then again, I don't know if that is the case in each of these guys quest, possibly not.

Now, I, myself, have similar interests to yours, but are they just interests... or a lifestyle? Let me elaborate a little more.

I like camping. I like hiking. I like bowhunting, I like mountain biking. There are women that have contacted me because they say they do have similar interests. But the majority of the time, my camping requires hiking for miles over tough terrains, crossing rivers and streams, gathering your own firewood, procuring water using a survival water filter, small one man stove, minimalist cooking/eating tins, usually dehydrated or low volume/weight high calorie, high fat foods, carrying minimum amount of gear. No two burner stoves, no luxury type tents but maybe a tarp or a camping hammock, no change of clothes for each day... maybe a couple shirts and pants or shorts, and usually no baths, just river rinses or baby wipes if anything. Guess where the bathroom is? A backpack could weigh 20 to 50 lbs. or more... depending on what you feel is needed to live on for those days. Then, don't forget the hike out.

Their idea of hike, camp etc. is not the same. You know, car packed with tents, inflatable sleeping cushions, cooking grills, charcoal, folding camp chairs, huge propane stoves, pots and pans, gallons of water, ice chests with huge amounts of food and drinks, clothes galore, etc x3, and it being a casual, seldom event at a place with showers and bathrooms. They still like it, but not as intensively.

Don't get me wrong. I do, but seldom go on �family� camping with friends at times, but that isn't really my cup of tea. I like to go to places that one can truly enjoy the beauty of God's creation, unhindered, untouched by man's hands. I'm "Untamed But Spirit Lead". My outdoor vacation spot may be another person's 5 star resort. I enjoy biking, hiking camping and bowhunting and at times, combining them all together.

Now, if my special friend is not into that, I'd feel bad pushing her to do it, or leaving her home every time I want to �be myself�. We would kind of be �incompatible�. I hope that I don't sound selfish, but shouldn't I be who I am without having the feeling like I'm selfish? Is it wrong for me to want her with me for who I am, and her being happy for who she is, and not trying to be who she isn't? She doesn't have to be totally into it like me, I can be accommodating to her, but hoping she at least is with me in this big part of my life.

Now, if you went and just surface read my profile, would you see all of that I mentioned above? Probably not, but if you really, really think about it, it is there, and may see it.

You're probably are not into the gym thing because that is not who you are., right? If so, being with such a person will only make you and him miserable.

Read those profiles, but also look deeper. Got questions? Ask. Each individual might have a different answer.

So to your question to if these gym savvy guys would dismiss you? I dunno. You gotta ask them. I can't answer for them, sorry.

On a side note... I do knit... well, actually I can weave fishing throw and cross nets, but I don't do it all the time. :laugh:

I hope this helps some, giving you insight on that �hint missing� blind spot that you say you have.

Happy Hunting... uh, Gyming... uh... you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

May God bless you in your search.

*Note to self � I think by this comment, I just made it harder for me to find �her�. :(

eli2303

View Profile
History
Gym Date?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 06:41 PM

I think a gym date is a good idea. It kinda takes away the nerves some might have because you are in a relaxed environment. I dont think guys wiuld be grading your lifting technique- it actually creates a platform for when you go on a " dinner date".