Author Thread: Got ridiculed because I believe in God...
femme15

View Profile
History
Got ridiculed because I believe in God...
Posted : 4 Apr, 2015 05:13 PM

Hello everyone I just like to share something with you. But first, I want to clarify that I am not struggling with my faith as what the tittle of this topic implies.

What I like to share with you is what I experienced from a certain site that I am a member of for several months. In this site you can post your stories or problems and people can offer their advice by leaving a comment in your post. And I happened to read a post written by female teen-ager who seemed so proud that she did try to commit suicide the second time around. In her post she said that she hates her life and she both like and hate cutting her self, and it's becoming addicting. And as a nurse who always see patients in their death bed, taking care of terminally sick children longing to live more, makes me really feel bad that this young teen-ager, who seemed to have everything in life a family, education and luxury would think to kill herself because a problem had hit her.

As a nurse we were being trained in the most logical way how to handle patients who are thinking or planning suicide, but that time I have forgotten that I am a nurse after all, I left a comment out of anger, out of frustration of unfairness. I told her that she's young and what she is doing is crazy, that she should be more thankful for her life because others who are in their death bed are asking God to even extend their lives, that problems make us more human by thinking of a rational or a good solution, and cutting one self is not one of those good solutions. I know that one way or another I did some mistakes when I addressed her problem. But what really infuriates me more is her response with God, that she doesn't believe that there is God, that people are ignorant and crazy for believing such thing, she called me names, cursed for my beliefs of having a God. And other commenters of her post said the same things, that they don't believe that there is God.

I feel so alone that time, I kept my silence as I was being thrown out because I was not allowed anymore to leave any comments in her post if it's still pertains to God. I feel bad because I was not able to defend my self especially God. I do admit that somehow I am starting to feel hate and anger towards these spoiled young generation. Little and simple suffering feels like a mountain of burden to them. Do they care about children who have nothing to eat, who have nothing to wear, don't have a house, education and all these basic things that a human being should have? I myself witnessed so much poverty in life, and I do admit that sometimes out of too much hardships complain. But still all through out my life I hold on to Him, clinging that I can survive it, that I am still blessed because He had given me another day to survive and live and be with my loved ones. Though I do question Him, yet I cling that He will deliver me, and that everything He does have got to be reasons.

What happened to this young generation? Why do they act that way? I wonder what they think when they don't hold their cellphones, and when their computers are off, no music, no sound and everything, and all they can hear is silence, what do they feel, what do they think? Do they ever asked even one time their purpose here on Earth? Believing that there is some one out there, greater beyond Universe is out there, protecting me, taking care of me, and being there for me as my Father, the father of Abraham, Jacob and all those great men before, and even sending his son Jesus to show what an unconditional love is....isn't it believing these things give us the assurance that I don't have to worry, that God before I even asked know what my heart desires?

I just pray for this generation, I forgive them and may God be with them always.

Keonikane

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2015 07:59 PM

Hey Femme,

That person was probably dealing with clinical depression and when they are in such a state, most of the time they can't hear or listen to reason given in any form.

When she lashed out at you, it was mostly her way of trying to make her self feel better. In her attempts to try to commit suicide, she was drawing attention to her, possibly crying out for help. Many times, people in that state of mind will attack any form of help because it threatens them by making them feel more of a loser. Even encouragement sounds like threats at times.

But to encourage you... you did good, you have planted a seed and even if it seems fruitless, it was still planted. You know, if you went and planted a mango seed today, you may not see any mango fruit from the tree for maybe another 7 years. Just pray that God will send others to water that seed planted in her heart.

As for your questioning of what is going on with this generation today... my opinion is blame the media. People watch, listen and imitate these unrealistic lifestyles and try to make it their own. Then when they don't like whats showing, they just turn the channel or turn it off altogether. Girls see models on the tv and in magazines, maybe even had a Barbie doll and when they can't or don't look like that, the feel worthless and bad about themselves. With that in mind, when problems come and they can't cope with it, they just cant turn it off, so many decide to escape it by turning themselves off, maybe even suicide.

By the way... my tv sits in a back bedroom facing a corner, and until it can behave and talk nicely like the way I want it to, it's time out. I don't watch the hellavision at all. Lol!

This generation seems to be attracted to a lot of stimulus... you know, flashing lights, loud sounds, movement... things that draws attention. When these things are absent, their mind wanders in search for some other sort of stimulus. When none is to be found, they say things like, �This is boring�. My answer to them is, �Hey, it's ok to be bored. That's part of life�.

Tell me, have you been to the Dignasa Festival in your city? Stimulating!

Look around you, go to the shopping malls and streets... what do you see and hear? Flashing lights, loud music, bright colors, big screen tvs flashing commercials other things. We all are drawn to some sort of stimulus, no matter what it is. If you went to a park and sat down, saw some workers cutting a tree down, tell me honestly now... would you stare at the sky or watch them cut the tree down?

Sometime the stimulus are even little in form. Background music playing in the stores and restaurants, music playing while you are on hold on the phone... and on and on. On a side note, I have noticed the music playing in many of your restaurants and store being played pretty loud! I asked them to turn it down so my friends and I could talk without yelling. Hehe.

Even churches today need the media hype to attract and keep the crowd. We can't escape it...

So in this distraction, the new white noise, the world sleeps... then Yeshua (Jesus) returns...

Continue to pray for them...

Keoni

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2015 05:52 PM

:waving:...Stand firm Femme...don't let the lil dev as I call him get to you. You did great...It isnt so much her that attacked you as the spirit of "infliction" within her...it doesn't matter that we get attacked even though it hurts sometimes...John 15:18-19 and 1 John 3:13-14 :-)

:applause:...Amen!!! Keoni...sometimes all we can and are to do is plant the seed...Good Word!!!

X <>< O

Hark

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2015 11:21 PM

Quote from OP: "I am starting to feel hate and anger towards these spoiled young generation."

=========================

Careful Sister.

Our messiah calls us not to hate, but to love our neighbor as we love our selves.

You can be angry; but sin not.

Let us pray that God gives us the strength to meet this challenge.

Stevewm1963

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2015 06:07 PM

What happened to this generation is simply this..we didn't raise them up in the way Christ teaches us! We give them everything because it's easier than having to deal with them and we allowed government to interfere in our lives! Both parents work now rather than the man earn the living while the mother tends the home as God planned! Gods plan wasn't good enough for us so we made our own plans!

Add50

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2016 09:24 AM

No where does the bible say we have to convert the unbelievers it says we are to tell our testimony share the good news but it is not for us to change them that is Gods job. He does it better anyway. Read John 15: 16-19 it tells you why this happened. God bless and may He guide you and teach you and may you bear much fruit.

HealingPool

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2016 02:37 PM

I agree with Add. we are not to change people or convert them, we cannot, we are human! Our actions and words and daily lives is what ought to be our testimony.

HealingPool

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2016 02:49 PM

I agree again with Stevenwm. The problem with this younger generation is that they do not have God! God has been edged out entirely. I agree that the media plays a role with keeping kids constantly stimulated...loud, flashing, obnoxious shows and music, however, I think that is just a symptom, not the main problem.