Author Thread: Ex-con walks up to a cop and shocks everyone
Admin

Ex-con walks up to a cop and shocks everyone
Posted : 21 Sep, 2015 07:48 AM

ABC 13 Screenshot Edward Amey and Texas City Officer Salvador Chapa hold hands in prayer.

The last time Edward "Doc" Amey saw Texas City Officer Salvador Chapa he was being arrested on a gun charge. That was eight years ago back when Amey used to be a gangster but recently he found God and since then he's been living a righteous life. He used to sell drugs; today he stops police and asks if he can pray with them and more importantly, for them.

"I have not always been a friend to the police," Amey told KHOU. "I grew up selling drugs. I've been to prison three times."

According to the news station, Amey's rap sheet includes six felony convictions and several more misdemeanors. But Amey says all of that is behind him as he lives a prayerful life.

"The last week-and-a-half God has really been giving me the urge to pray for police officers," Amey said.

So when he saw Officer Salvador Chapa he asked if he could pray for him. The officer agreed and the two men held hands, bowed their heads as Amey lead them in prayer. Amey's friend who had no idea he was going over to pray with the officer snapped a photo of the two men praying. The photo has gone viral on social media.

"I arrested him several years ago on a gun charge," Chapa said. "And due to that, he ended up doing some time."

Amey told the news station that he hopes the power of prayer can help change the negative image that people have of young black men and cops.

"They�re used to seeing cops getting killed by young black men or young black men getting killed by cops," Amey told KHOU. "They're not used to seeing an ex-con and a cop praying with each other."

Amey told the officer, "I love you," at the end of his prayer.

"I love you, too, brother," Chapa said. �Thank you very much for praying for us."

*** I'd say this is some "Good :yay: News"...God's continued Grace Abide !!!... X <>< O

brainstormer

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2016 10:06 PM

Thanks very much for posting this. Exactly what America needs to read now.