Author Thread: How about Kansas?
gracefreedme

View Profile
History
How about Kansas?
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 03:33 PM

Come on K ansans, we need to be represented here also. Are there anymore Kansas Christians here?

Seuss

View Profile
History
How about Kansas?
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 12:49 PM

Hey! I live in Kansas. So, count me in

View Profile
History
How about Kansas?
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 03:12 PM

Hello, I'm in Kansas as well. Thanks for starting the KANSAS CHRISTIANS post!

Michelle

Seuss

View Profile
History
How about Kansas?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 09:40 PM

I am from Kansas, well I am a transplant. It is nice here. Why aren't there anymore people from our fair state?

musiclady

View Profile
History
How about Kansas?
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 12:47 AM

I'm from Kansas City, MO...close enough :)

PassionateWorshipper

View Profile
History
How about Kansas?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 01:36 PM

Hello fellow Kansans!! I wasn't born here, but have lived here for about 6 years. I'm from the east coast, but don't be scared; I don't bite! Lol :purpleangel: Still getting used to some of the mid-western culture, practices, lifestyle and lingo, but just be patient with me and I'll catch on. Lol :applause:

I must admit, though, when I moved out here I only knew two things about Kansas. #1 It was mentioned in many western films, the Wizard of OZ, and Independence Day! :peace: and #2 I'd heard it was so flat that you could roll a marble westward starting from Kansas City and it would eventually make it to Colorado! :ROFL: However, I've learned differently from living out here and getting to know my fellow Kansans! Even though I've lived in only one town in Kansas, I've traveled all over this state and we definitely have some beautiful scenery!! I love the fall colors of Atchison, the Gyp Hills of Medicine Lodge, the plains of the Great Bend area, the touch of Dutch in Lindsborg, the green rolling hills of Manhattan, and Mount Sun Flower gave me one of my BIGGEST LAUGHS EVER!!! Lol :ROFL:

Whether you love Kansas or hate it, God made Kansas Unique and there it holds something special for everyone if you just look for it :glow:

I encourage every Kansan to share what is special to you about Kansas. I just did :)

~Sarah :waving:

Banato

View Profile
History
How about Kansas?
Posted : 29 Dec, 2012 07:09 PM

I know the last post in this topic was posted LONG AGO but I really appreciate it. There is a lot to like about Kansas. (I do get tired of the Wizard of Oz references though...) Kansas does have some pretty flat spots but there are all kinds of types of scenery from large hills to valleys, lakes, trails, and a lot of very pretty showcase of our Lord's creation.

Overall, I know that the people in Kansas are very nice. I sold a game system to a lady here a lady here in Wichita and she was sending it to her son on Washington DC! He lives there and couldn't trust anyone that he would try and buy one from (on Craigslist, etc). So this lady bought the game system from me here in Wichita, Kansas because she knew that she could get an honest deal! :applause:

I know that there are every kind of people everywhere but I just appreciate how you can go to Quick Trip and open the door for someone and they thank you or that (most) people will say "good morning" if you say it to them. Anyway, I'm sure there are tons of nice people everywhere but that's one of the things i like about Kansas and the mid-west. :glow: