Author Thread: Are there women who assume there is never a good reason to withhold
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Are there women who assume there is never a good reason to withhold
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 03:57 PM

a picture or personal information; or that a man outside their predetermined comfort zone is unable to minister any love, grace, or truth to them, if the man does not fit into the box they have given to God?

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 04:55 PM

Did this woman ask for love, grace or truth from you? Often we can get defensive if people, who don't know us, presume to "speak truth to us." . . . But perhaps this is not what you are referring to?

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 05:11 PM

Wow! Your post/question seems rather ambiguous to me but not wanting to assume...are you asking that if a women choses to withhold personal info, for example on their profiles here at CDFF, would that impede the variety of interested males to contact them?

Or are you suggesting that because of the deliberate absence of particular info, some women may miss an opportunity to attract that special someone, even if that special someone doesn't fit into the "box" she predisposed for herself?

Because if one reads my profile, I requested that any interested party should contact me if they wanted to know more about me...though recently I opted to take my photos down but disclaimed that if we begin communicating and there's a level of comfort between us both, sharing my photo would not be a problem(smile)!

But again, I've decided a while back that the only "box" that will be pre-fitted for that "special someone" to fit in,

will be constructed and filled by none other than The Lord!! My building skills are just no way as perfect as His(smile)! And I'll be guaranteed no surprises when the "box" is opened

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 05:26 PM

NRSV1953...dead on! After reading your response, I just wanted to add that it won't be so much the "who" in sharing truth, love etc., as much as it would be the "what" and "how" it's shared!

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 05:34 PM

HisJoy, Perzactly Sister! :)

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 05:38 PM

I'll try to rephrase and see if it makes more sense.

1. Are there women who assume there is never a good reason for a man to withhold a picture or personal information on a site such as this?

2. Are there women who think that if a man (his profile) doesn't match/fulfill their exact list of wants (as described in the woman's profile, i.e. the gift box they have given to God to fill), that a man is unable to minister any love, grace, or truth to them?

(If someone is coming here looking for a marriage, I think it is fair to assume the individual is not looking for a marriage without love. And so, yes, in that sense, everyone on such a site is asking for love; and I think also grace, and honesty.)

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 05:53 PM

1. Are there women who assume there is never a good reason for a man to withhold a picture or personal information on a site such as this?

Speaking for just this woman, as most of us actually don't think alike :), we'd better be withholding some info on here lest we be scammed to death!

2. Are there women who think that if a man (his profile) doesn't match/fulfill their exact list of wants (as described in the woman's profile, i.e. the gift box they have given to God to fill), that a man is unable to minister any love, grace, or truth to them?

Again, speaking just for this woman, I think HisJoy makes a good point about HOW the love, grace, or truth is "administered." Also, I cannot speak to the "gift box" idea as I have hopefully left plenty of room for the Spirit to "do It's thing."

(If someone is coming here looking for a marriage, I think it is fair to assume the individual is not looking for a marriage without love. And so, yes, in that sense, everyone on such a site is asking for love; and I think also grace, and honesty.)

From my own personal experience here on CDFF, we don't always actually get love, grace or honesty, so perhaps some of us are a bit wary. . . sad, but true.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 05:59 PM

Let me try one more time.

1. Are there women who assume there is never a good reason for a MAN to withhold HIS picture or personal information on a site such as this?

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 06:07 PM

For my answer, I refer you back to my previous answer to your #1 above . . ;-)

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 06:50 PM

BTW, this goes for both women AND men who post profiles on here.

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 09:10 PM

Ok, I think I understand...honestly OP there can be a barrage of reasons for why ANYONE would want to withhold a photo or personal info of themselves on a site like this as NRSV1953 exclaimed!

However personally... I would not have an issue with a brother withholding a photo of himself for his own personal reasons, seeing that I don't have one up myself(smile)! Yet him being able to minister to me truth, love and honesty that I've received and believed has been inspired by The Holy Spirit...well lets just say that seeing an image of him would not, at that time, be a priority!

I hope this helps. Be blessed.

Page : 1 2