Author Thread: My Favorite Verse(s). Quote your favorite verse(s), and let the rest find the address in scripture.
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
My Favorite Verse(s). Quote your favorite verse(s), and let the rest find the address in scripture.
Posted : 7 Jan, 2016 09:43 PM

"The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works."

I love these two verses. These verses remind me that we are the apple of God's eye, and He is a good Father with a loving eye for His children.

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
My Favorite Verse(s). Quote your favorite verse(s), and let the rest find the address in scripture.
Posted : 8 Jan, 2016 07:28 AM

He has told you, O mortal, what is good;

and what does the Lord require of you

but to do justice, and to love kindness,

and to walk humbly with your God?

flyby

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2016 07:42 AM

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2016 06:49 PM

be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another, just as also God in Christ forgave you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2016 08:41 AM

"Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding." Prov 23:23

xo

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2016 07:34 AM

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what the Lord does require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

A very excellent quote from Micah.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2016 04:55 PM

My little children, these things write I to you, so that you may sin not. And if any man sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

From 1 John, Another excellent choice, Fly. Thank you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2016 02:46 PM

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2016 08:58 AM

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."

From Ephesians. I love these verses people are posting. Good choice, MontanaGrace. Good for the body of Christ, good for the soul.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2016 12:20 PM

� Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. :thumbsup:

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2016 03:50 PM

Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God;[a] for it is written, �Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.� No, �if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.� Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Page : 1 2