Author Thread: Illusions of Christian singles online
Admin

Illusions of Christian singles online
Posted : 18 Feb, 2016 11:43 PM

I just wonder if this thing is general among single Christian ladies, seems like just because they go online they feel like: �shopping for a husband�? Obviously, eBay, Amazon and other sites got people used to that they just have to search whatever they want based on some keywords or criteria, and the system finds it and you just have to buy it and will get the confirmation email a bit later. People didn�t find someone for them in real life (which is hard, I understand) or didn�t have �luck� with them, then now they think : Ok, then I�ll get it online. And then just because they have an Almighty God they tend to believe that they can order their dream-guy, if God would be a big-o� heavenly pop-machine: just drop your prayer request in and your blessing will �rumble� out down there. Just fill out this application form and the Love of your Life will find you and fall in love with you based on that 1-2 unprofessional silly pictures and awkward sentences �.

Some ladies just wait on their Superman, meantime they don�t recognize him as Clark Kent the everyday good-guy, although he is the personalized blessing prepared for them.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2016 09:10 PM

Sounds like you've had a bad experience, brother. I'm sorry to hear it.

You know, men and women alike can overlook a nearby diamond in the rough thinking a more distant one sparkles better.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 12:50 AM

NO, I don't have a bad experience here at all - thanks God.

I just reviewed a buncha profiles and I realized a tendency in our modern days.

It was not like that, before Internet social sites became popular, even 10 years ago. People came to know each other naturally, in church or social events or through friends. Christian women were humbly waiting for their God-sent man, and they just accepted them (or turn them down).

Today, they think they can 'order' their dream on the Internet .... smh ...

AmberLady

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 03:05 AM

Noone is ordering. Noone is coming here for a shopping.

We are trying our chances. All possible chances. Of couse the best way to meet someone "not online", in church. Real, true communication will never be replaced. But what if from 20 members of your church - 19 are ladies and married men? If such communication was not allowed by Lord, He would not let such sites live, and i would not read storied of happy marriages started in internet.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 03:58 AM

Please, don�t get me wrong, of course I also believe that true love story can start online - that�s why I�m here too.

I just pointed out a certain approach that SOME women have, like : �I want this I want that and that� which is obviously not the right spirit. Actually it�s could be a distraction, making it more hard to realize who is the �chosen one� by God for us.

After all, eventually, we have one question to ask God : �Lord, is this person �The One� for me?

If the answer is �NO�, it�s not for me, even the whole package is very attractive. If �Yes�, then I have to embrace that choice, regardless how many negatives or �baggage� my future spouse has, since nobody is perfect, everyone has some problem, we have to learn to live with that, be grateful for that person and (mainly) pray for him/her.

AmberLady

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 07:22 AM

We all want something. Of course it would be perfect, if we follow word of God 100%, like Hosea for example.

But let's be fair, are you really ready to marry a lady which you don't find attractive at all? There must be some symphaty, right?

I heard somewhere "if you see smth wrong in a person beside you, it means God wants you to pray for this person" .. So go on:)

Anyway, there are lot of profiles without part "i want" And the rest give to God :)

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 11:14 AM

Though online dating has its disadvantages, at least the ladies on these sites are interested in dating. In other venues, it's sometimes harder to know.

Personally, I want a lady who knows she wants a husband. Ladies who are not sure they want a husband of any sort, in my experience, are the ones difficult to court.

AmberLady

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 12:35 PM

Very true, HoosierHomeschooler.. Chances to meet a person seeking for serious relationships are much higher here..

But honestly women never know what they want If you find one determined, you'll be really lucky :)

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 01:11 PM

Lol, a recent experience supports that idea!

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 06:20 PM

Hey Zdravstvuite devochka ! :raising_hand:

I see you are from Belo-Russia.

You guys are funny here. Yeah some women don't even know what they want ...

Of course, most of them wanna get married here, maybe some of them just don't wanna openly admit ....

I know what women want. They just one only 1 thing :

EEEEEVERYTHINGGG ! ! !

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2016 11:03 PM

thts funny but..... just funny !

people here cant even stand to hear i .....hmm...follow another doctrine? No, i follow the Way, its just too sad i came to know to late what is a marriage about and even a friendship. if we dont know Yehova, and His instruction. how can we expect His blessings? including a marriage after His heart?

as long as we dont return to God-made and just stay with the man- made....there we wont be fulfilled.

who knows/reading the front of the Book knows what im talking about.

stay blessed and wonderful

shalom

( love shouldn't be a "falling" but a "growing")

and yes, not everybody here is out for shopping !!!!

Page : 1 2