Author Thread: Network tv
Admin

Network tv
Posted : 25 May, 2016 01:15 PM

There are only two new shows that I care to watch on tv today, The Middle and The Goldbergs.

I just started watching The Middle last year and love Sue's enthusiasm and positive, go-get'em attitude about life. Patricia Heaton, the mom, is a professing Christian too, so I'm guessing she has some input on the show.

I find the Goldbergs just plain funny. The characters are hilarious to me, and I love to laugh. Barry reminds me of Sue. He's faces the world without fear and no regard about what other people think of him. I also like the relationship between Adam and his grandfather.

I also like to watch the old tv series from when I was a kid like Andy Griffith.

What about you?

View Profile
History
Network tv
Posted : 16 May, 2018 10:35 PM

A bit late to this, but I have a lots of favorites.

In terms of older shows (50s-70s), I like the classics: Honeymooners, I Love Lucy (earlier episodes), Andy Griffith, Gilligan's Island (not JUST for Dawn Wells ), I Dream of Jeannie (not JUST for Barbara Eden ), a classic sitcom with the initials "DVD" since this STUPID site wouldn't allow two of the words, The Munsters, Addams Family, Star Trek (TOS), The Twilight Zone, The Brady Bunch, The Bob Newhart Show, Carol Burnett, and Mary Tyler Moore.

From the 80s and 90s I still enjoy the three Star Trek spin-offs, Stargate SG1, Cheers, Family Ties, Married with Children, Frazier, Seinfeld and King of Queens.

There are no sitcoms I can point to today that I like, but in the new century my late wife and I enjoyed Smallville, Stargate Atlantis and the Battlestar Galactica reboot.

The only non-news show I watch that is current is Supernatural (even though at times it offends my Christian sensibilities). I would follow Arrow and SHIELD if time permitted.

I wanted to follow the new CBS Star Trek series, but I'm not paying extra to watch it. The pilot was incredible, though.

Just my 5 cents.

View Profile
History
Network tv
Posted : 16 May, 2018 10:36 PM

A bit late to this, but I have a lots of favorites.

In terms of older shows (50s-70s), I like the classics: Honeymooners, I Love Lucy (earlier episodes), Andy Griffith, Gilligan's Island (not JUST for Dawn Wells ), I Dream of Jeannie (not JUST for Barbara Eden ), a classic sitcom with the initials "DVD" since this STUPID site wouldn't allow two of the words, The Munsters, Addams Family, Star Trek (TOS), The Twilight Zone, The Brady Bunch, The Bob Newhart Show, Carol Burnett, and Mary Tyler Moore.

From the 80s and 90s I still enjoy the three Star Trek spin-offs, Stargate SG1, Cheers, Family Ties, Married with Children, Frazier, Seinfeld and King of Queens.

There are no sitcoms I can point to today that I like, but in the new century my late wife and I enjoyed Smallville, Stargate Atlantis and the Battlestar Galactica reboot.

The only non-news show I watch that is current is Supernatural (even though at times it offends my Christian sensibilities). I would follow Arrow and SHIELD if time permitted.

I wanted to follow the new CBS Star Trek series, but I'm not paying extra to watch it. The pilot was incredible, though.

Just my 5 cents.