Author Thread: Many Reasons
Admin

Many Reasons
Posted : 26 May, 2016 07:17 AM

I believe it is imperative for Christians to only marry Christians for many reasons. Christians already such a wide range of beliefs regarding how to live out our faith, that it would simply make it nearly impossible to be married to a non-Christian.

1. What worldview will you instill in your children?

2. Will you tithe to the church?

3. What kinds of people will you befriend and spend quality time with?

4. Will you go to church?

5. Will you pray together?

6. How will you handle a crisis, trust in God or work things out on your own?

I'm sure there are many more once we get into some details of individual situation, but to me, those listed above are critical.

sevenup007

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 2 Jun, 2016 05:53 AM

good morning to you sir. i partly agree to what toy said that we christian should have a bf/gf who is a christian but did you know that God do not only work that way.He also look for those who are not in the church remember most of them who fell in love are outside christianity and when a relationship is form the other party sometime tells about the love of God and invite the to church. and also sometime it doesn't work but with the help of God it will come through

cat12

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 11 Jun, 2016 08:25 PM

We are made up in three parts. Body, Soul and Spirit. God created us to have his Spirit which would flow to our spirit, which flows to our Soul nature and then to our Body. When we marry someone that does not have the Lord Jesus Christ into their life, the marriage will only operate in the Soul and Body nature and not the Spirit. The body and soul is only thinking of themselves... What makes them happy! They do not have real love, only self love because love comes from God. The more love you have for God, the more love you will have for your mate. His love will pour into our spirit which will flow to the Soul nature which flows to our body. ( hands, feet, mouth)

When hard times come and the honey moon is over, and couples marriage that has been based on God's love and friend ship will be build on solid ground. But the one that does not have a great love for God and is build on attraction will be like a house build on sand.

The bible said for us not to be unequally yoke. A relationship built on a good foundation will be beautiful even hard time. The relationship will grow.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 30 Jun, 2016 02:24 PM

1) I'm not having kids, I think the world is degenerating at a rapid pace and don't think it is fair to bring a life into the world as it is now.

2) I'm not a mug, the church isn't skint and squanders money left, right and centre.

As Christians we are responsible for what happens to our resources, I give money to charities and people that I feel need it. God sees what we do as long as he is pleased I am not concerned with the opinions held by others. I do think it is right to give some money to the church as it has basic bills that need to be paid, I won't be told what to pay by anyone.

3) I'll be friends with anyone, but if they are abusing that friendship then it will end.

4) We would go to church.

5) Of course I would pray with my girlfriend / wife.

6) If we could sort it ourselves it wouldn't be a crisis.

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 12 Apr, 2017 11:52 PM

It is important to marry a Believer because it is important to obey God. It may seem difficult to distinguish someone who claims to be a Christian by appearance unless it is proven by his deeds. The way both should see it should be how God sees it. If the other's faith is weak, they may go through edges that might cause them "being as one" lose focus on things that are unseen.

swampy

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 1 Aug, 2017 02:53 AM

as long as someone of a non christian faith can respect your faith what does it matter?

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 3 Dec, 2017 07:38 PM

Absolutely couldn't agree more.

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 3 Dec, 2017 07:44 PM

Absolutely couldn't agree more. David Psalms

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 3 Dec, 2017 07:44 PM

Absolutely couldn't agree more. David Psalms

View Profile
History
Many Reasons
Posted : 22 May, 2018 11:10 AM

Absolutely! Jesus said to not be unequally yoked with nonbelievers. God's word also describes ways to spot a phoney "Christian." Remember at the last supper how Jesus said that one there would betray him. The others had no clue, at least we are not told that they had any clue who the snake was!

The point is to be careful with who get yoked to, know how to spot the weak and the phoney and pray, pray, pray!