Author Thread: Windows 10 Incompatibility
Admin

Windows 10 Incompatibility
Posted : 26 May, 2016 09:13 AM

Anyone else with an incompatible pc get stuck with the W10 upgrade that won't go away?

My Toshiba laptop has a graphics adapter that is not W10 compatible, but the upgrade is constantly trying to download and install. I have to shut off my update service every time I turn my pc on, otherwise my cpus are running at 50+% when it's idling.

I've done all kinds of research about which kbs to uninstall, but nothing seems to work. Crazy!

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2016 11:56 AM

GWX Control Panel

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

can remove everything related to win10 and be set to monitor for any sneaky updates

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2016 12:17 PM

Cool, I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks Rambo!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2016 03:35 PM

Rambo, I downloaded and installed that app. It found nothing that I had not already removed. I still have windows update pushing my cpus above 50% non-stop. I have to stop the service every time I turn on my pc and sometimes 2-3 times per day.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2017 08:54 PM

As Rambo said, get rid of GWX and every file that is associated with it. Of course, Windows might not let you get away with this. So, boot your computer from a live linux CD and delete whatever you don't need. It will let you delete Windows files.

Also, disable Windows Update service in Services.

Then go in linux and delete or replace the files that make Windows Update work. The following files make it work:

C:\Windows\System32\wuapp.exe

C:\Windows\System32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Windows\System32\winsta.dll

C:\Windows\System32\wtsapi32.dll

C:\Windows\System32\wuapi.dll

C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll

and you have another extra copies of wuauclt.exe, wuaueng.dll, wtsapi32.dll and winsta.dll in the WinSxs folder. They are going to be very hard to find.

Also, there is a 7th file called wups2.dll which is located within the C:\Windows\WinSxs folder. This is also part of the Windows Update service.

By either removing or replacing these files, you will permanently disable the Windows Update feature in Windows 7. It will never download anything in the background anymore.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Sep, 2018 03:42 AM

Why don't you throw away Windows and use one of those free operating systems such as Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, Debian and numerous others? I am using openSUSE now, thinking of switching to Debian and I could not be happier. The system is not only compatible, has lots of software, stable, fast and adaptable.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Sep, 2018 08:14 PM

How can you be so sure his system is compatible ? he did not state what he had ?