Author Thread: Agreement
Admin

Agreement
Posted : 16 Jun, 2016 10:08 AM

I am reading that a lot of men have been financially and emotionally scarred from the divorce. An open secret seems to be that if a woman wants to punish a man in court, that is how it goes.

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Agreement
Posted : 16 Jun, 2016 07:50 PM

Both parties, not to mention any children involved, get financially and emotionally scarred from divorce. Two separate households cost more to maintain than the original one. . . How is it that a woman can punish a man in court? Would you please explain as I'm not familiar with how this would be done.

scarredwarrior

View Profile
History
Agreement
Posted : 18 Jun, 2016 09:35 PM

I have seen this happen. In the few cases from people I know. In these cases it was because happened one of the partners (men do it to, although it's harder) manipulates the system. They claim abuse, or abandonment etc. etc. With one friend, the wife claimed abuse and got a restraining order including the kids. With no time, the child support was so high, that in the end he was bled dry and couldn't even fight anymore. Unfortunately, there are a lot of well intending laws ( or not, I'm not always sure) that have had very bad unintended consequences

scarredwarrior

View Profile
History
Agreement
Posted : 18 Jun, 2016 09:36 PM

I have seen this happen. In the few cases from people I know. In these cases it was because happened one of the partners (men do it to, although it's harder) manipulates the system. They claim abuse, or abandonment etc. etc. With one friend, the wife claimed abuse and got a restraining order including the kids. With no time, the child support was so high, that in the end he was bled dry and couldn't even fight anymore. Unfortunately, there are a lot of well intending laws ( or not, I'm not always sure) that have had very bad unintended consequences

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Agreement
Posted : 19 Jun, 2016 10:18 AM

Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. I went through similar "trials" (literally) as I divorced a lawyer who used the legal system to further abuse me and our children. I guess, in my naivete, I didn't realize that non-lawyer spouses could manipulate the court system in the same way. It's a sick, sick game in which the innocent spouse and the children are further damaged. Shame on the husband or wife who stoop to such denigrating tactics. Some of us can look ourselves in the mirror, knowing that we conducted ourselves with integrity, even though we are now dirt poor! . .