Author Thread: My Elders
Admin

My Elders
Posted : 23 Jul, 2016 08:04 AM

I know that no one here knows them, but I want to publicly recognize the elders of Free Life Church in Republic, Missouri.

Steve, David, and Andy are the only truly Biblical elders I've ever had the joy of experiencing in my 26 years walking with the Lord.

Every church I've been to in all these years chose elders because they were natural leaders, successful business men, or simply because they were older than everyone else. I have encountered power trips or simply apathy to do anything in terms of spiritual leadership and guidance.

Steve, David, and Andy provide spiritual leadership for our church. They have all been extremely encouraging and uplifting for our body while maintaining a standard of Biblical truth for us to follow. They speak the truth in love, confess their weaknesses before us and ask for us to pray for them and encourage them on this journey that we share with them. True men of God.

"But we request of you brethren that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another."

1 Thessalonians 5:12-13

Smilingatu

View Profile
History
My Elders
Posted : 15 Oct, 2017 05:24 AM

Great that you have honoured your leaders like this, and have recognized how they have contributed to your spiritual growth/development. We rarely say thanks to people God positions in our lives to help us see Him more. With that said, shouldn’t you post this in a forum where people know them and can celebrate with you?

Continue to be thankful for them and even more thankful for the ONE who brought them to your church.