Author Thread: For those who progress slowly, or are "weak"
amygdale

View Profile
History
For those who progress slowly, or are "weak"
Posted : 3 Aug, 2016 06:50 PM

I dont usually write on forum, cs english is not my mother language and it's hard to quote bible verses for me..so I'll try to paraphrase..have patience😊

I was just reading Acts, about Paul, chapter 21, when his friends started begging him not to go to Jerusalem, and he answered: "I'm ready not only to be cuffed (chained), but to die for the name of Jesus." He, who opposed Jesus so much and was even present when crowd stoned Stepfen to death, and was approving it holding their clothes!

I was always amased (and a bit jealous😊) of Paul and other Christians I know who find true, except it, make neccessary changes in life regarding bad habits etc..all in relatively short time.

For me it takes a lot longer, and I have ups and downs regarding my efforts to develop and maintain close strong relationship with God. For all others who have same issues, I wanna share something Ive just read.

1.John 3:19 - 24. 19.we have to convince our hart that he loves us if it condems us of something (slow progress), cs God is greater than our heart and knows everything. Then only we will have freedom of speech in front of God( which is essential, like for praying)

So,we have to have patience with ourself (one of fruit of spirit if

I'm not wrong). Not to compare us with others, cs each person is different and progress in different way and speed.

Whats important is not giving up, "run our race" to the end. There are runners for sprint, and long distance runners, get it? 😉

His mercy is big as"from east to west", then there's "undeserved kindness" which we testify every day

(good things he gives us..Just think how blessed we are to have opportunity to own Bible, whole, so we can have "spiritual feast" whenever we want)

If someone has problem with fear, no matter if its anxiety for life problems, or fear that God doesnt approve us, 1.John 4:18, 19 reminds us that in love there's no fear, cs it's obstacle.

Also, we musnt complain (Judas 16)!

So, I guess it's just about keeping on, letting God to see how hard we try, how much we really want to gett to know him,his plan with us, how much time and effort we put in this trying. He knows us better then we know ourself. ("Dont rely on your own mind/judgement)

Ok, didnt want to be this long. If it helps just one person,great,if not, it's good intention that counts😇.

Yes, and rejoice! Cant find it now, but He (almost) orders us to be joyful, twice in one versel! 😀after all he is happy God..we should never let feelings or circumstances rob us joy.

Good bless everybody who is trying..may Jesus "find us clean and in peace when he comes"( 2.Peter 3:14)

✋❤

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2016 07:13 AM

Amen sister Amy. Patience patience ... always. And you're right also about how we progress at different rates. Look at the thief on the cross. His whole life he was lost until the very last moment. Salvation is different for every person. A flower may not blossom until its very last moment. But when it does ... just look at its beauty. So hold on tight and don't let go.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2018 08:41 PM

WHAT AN EXCELLENT POST!!!! Your English was very clear!! You might also be encouraged by Bible verses that showing how God choses the weak things in the world to shame those who think they're wise. I can't think of where to find those verses for the moment, but they gave me ALOT of hope because I'm slow too. I should try to find them again

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2018 08:43 PM

Meant to say show not showing