Author Thread: The One I Ran Away
Admin

The One I Ran Away
Posted : 24 Aug, 2016 10:34 PM

My story begins on Facebook and ended here. About 3 weeks ago a church member of mine sent me a friend request. After making sure it was her legit page, I accepted. That was okay. So, about a day or two I'm strolling along through the NewsFeeds on FB and ran across a list of people that I might know...according to FB. If you use it then you'll know what I'm talking about. There was this guy I thought was quite handsome so I sent him a brief message telling him how much I appreciated his service for our country...he was military. Some may already know where I'm going with this but just keep reading. He responded "thank you" and complemented me on how beautiful my smile was. Of course I was flattered. The next day he sends me a friend request. I thought, no problem because he's friends with my church member. I accepted and for the next three days were chatting every chance he gets. He's asking all the right questions to make me feel like he's really into me and he's saying the most loving things to just make me fall over hill in love or lust with him. We talked about everything but what really sparked my interest besides his looks was our love for God. By this time I'm feeling this guy then on day three he asked me for...money! The record scratched and came to a halt...just like that! Long story short, he apologize, stated he would rather keep our friendship rather than lose me over money. But I noticed his attention span became short, so I began to investigate. I downloaded this face recognition app and discovered he was a scammer. And when I called him out about this he blocked me from contacting him. I was like cool...i still got my money, my heart still intact but more importantly I still had my dignity. Now moving on ti here, CDFF...ive seen many of handsome men but i guess their not enthusiastic about well shaped curvy vivacious or full-figured women. But this one guy noticed me before I noticed him. Omg! He was HANDSOME, SEXY AND EASY IN THE EYES! His baby blue eyes were beautiful! I will not disclose his name mainly because I want him for myself. Anyhow, have you ever read a profile and was like too good to be true. He was fascinated by my pics and loved my curves. So, to nip this thing in the bud before I went out to buy my wedding dress I investigated. I discovered his LinkedIn profile through face recognition app and he seemedt to be legit. I had no idea of how to use the silly app or how to operate it so I clicked and it said your request has been sent. Oh boo-boo! I figured he doesn't know my name he'll never know it was me. I am so honest sometimes I make me sick. The next day I got a msg saying in the subject box Linked In. Oooopoopoo! So explained and apologizd but he wasn't hearing that. He stated it weirded him out to know I could find him without knowing his name. Soooo...long story short...i think i let a good one get away with my foolishness. Was I wrong for trying to protect myself from possibly being scammed?

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 25 Aug, 2016 11:30 AM

When you brought up the face recognition app, I'm thinking, I want that!

I don't think you were wrong to use the app. In the IT business, we never try something new on a live production server. New stuff is tested in a test environment. Try using the app on friends on LinkedIn or some other place, people who won't freak when they get a message from you.

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 18 Sep, 2016 10:14 AM

i dont think you were wrong at all and you still dont know for sure that he isnt a scammer, i just got on here and almost every message i have gotten so far has been from a scammer

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 18 Sep, 2016 10:36 PM

No worries, if a guy is legit, he should have nothing to hide. I do not worry about the skeletons of the past. Everyone has some, just some closets are bigger than others.

This is a dating site, if someone wants money they should go to a bank. The reality is no matter how nice the person is, it is not your job to support, bail them out, do a business deal, or anything else involving money.

I knew a lady who got scammed for 12,000. I cant imagine what she was thinking. I got scammed once for 75, never again.

The scammers prey mostly on women, as they tend to be more compassionate and possibly gullible.

Tell tale signs, stories are inconsistent, bad English, always in a rush for fast romance, and have an appearance of godliness (at least for this site) but truly no depth, and eventually will have an immediate need or problem. They need a savior, but it better not be you.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 20 Sep, 2016 09:19 AM

We are not the savior but we are learned by Him, scammer is not a problem, the problem is being worthy of our own savior, and sinners give to receive again, but we are taught to give not hoping to receive again, and also to give when asked, more than what we are asked for, to keep Gods ways does not make us weaker, but stronger, scammers may have fear of God if they see God around you, a more generous nature than complainers who already have too much or would share all they have and have nothing left over to worry about..

Ecclesiastes 5:12 The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Luke 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Matthew 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Luke 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

Isaiah 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Matthew 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 22 Sep, 2016 09:46 PM

ADAM7777, PLEASE tell me you did NOT just advise people to give money to scammers.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 28 Sep, 2016 01:32 AM

You can gain the whole world and can give nothing in exchange for your soul. Matthew 16:26..

If you want to believe God does not completely change us, make us have no feeling for money any more, to count it as dung, so be it, but darkness turns to light, and darkness likes to hide buried treasure, but the treasure of light is what it gives to everyone all at once.

We need to be redeemed to the Lord, it is a narrow path which few find, as many are on the wide path to destruction, forsake all you have to be even begin, beginning on the right path. Matthew 5:16.

Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 28 Sep, 2016 07:03 AM

I didn't ask about the value of money. Let's try this again. Are you advising people that they should give their money to scammers?

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 30 Sep, 2016 03:43 AM

To covenant brother, when it says every man, that for you is the ones you choose, it is not every man.

To me, every man, is every man, none excluded, and if asked, we give.....

Matthew 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Luke 6:30 GIVE TO EVERY MAN THAT ASKETH OF THEE; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

Continued to covenant brother, if any man takes away our goods, what do we do ? Ask for them not again.

Now you are free to make up your own mind, and disagree and think what you like of me,, my understanding of the scripture, or the scriptures themselves, maybe to be taken lightly, but if you want to question about scripture, because that is what we are taught by, then you should be ready for answers.

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 30 Sep, 2016 08:34 PM

Well, you heard it from ADAM7777 first, scammers! Come one, come all! Ask early and often! He just said he'll honor your requests for money.

Or better yet, I'll make a request instead: Please sell all of your possessions including your computer and mobile devices and give all of the money and resources you have to the charity or charities of your choice. It is, after all, "to be counted as dung."

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 30 Sep, 2016 08:57 PM

Before you attack me again... Remember that God's grace is offered to each of us, including you and me. Grace is what allows us to not fully understand a commandment or other lesson to be learned in His word; grace is what God offers to those who come to know him late in their lives and reap the same reward and blessings as one who has followed Him from childhood; and grace is what I offer you if you cannot bring yourself to honor my request.

Page : 1 2