Author Thread: The One I Ran Away
Admin

The One I Ran Away
Posted : 24 Aug, 2016 10:34 PM

My story begins on Facebook and ended here. About 3 weeks ago a church member of mine sent me a friend request. After making sure it was her legit page, I accepted. That was okay. So, about a day or two I'm strolling along through the NewsFeeds on FB and ran across a list of people that I might know...according to FB. If you use it then you'll know what I'm talking about. There was this guy I thought was quite handsome so I sent him a brief message telling him how much I appreciated his service for our country...he was military. Some may already know where I'm going with this but just keep reading. He responded "thank you" and complemented me on how beautiful my smile was. Of course I was flattered. The next day he sends me a friend request. I thought, no problem because he's friends with my church member. I accepted and for the next three days were chatting every chance he gets. He's asking all the right questions to make me feel like he's really into me and he's saying the most loving things to just make me fall over hill in love or lust with him. We talked about everything but what really sparked my interest besides his looks was our love for God. By this time I'm feeling this guy then on day three he asked me for...money! The record scratched and came to a halt...just like that! Long story short, he apologize, stated he would rather keep our friendship rather than lose me over money. But I noticed his attention span became short, so I began to investigate. I downloaded this face recognition app and discovered he was a scammer. And when I called him out about this he blocked me from contacting him. I was like cool...i still got my money, my heart still intact but more importantly I still had my dignity. Now moving on ti here, CDFF...ive seen many of handsome men but i guess their not enthusiastic about well shaped curvy vivacious or full-figured women. But this one guy noticed me before I noticed him. Omg! He was HANDSOME, SEXY AND EASY IN THE EYES! His baby blue eyes were beautiful! I will not disclose his name mainly because I want him for myself. Anyhow, have you ever read a profile and was like too good to be true. He was fascinated by my pics and loved my curves. So, to nip this thing in the bud before I went out to buy my wedding dress I investigated. I discovered his LinkedIn profile through face recognition app and he seemedt to be legit. I had no idea of how to use the silly app or how to operate it so I clicked and it said your request has been sent. Oh boo-boo! I figured he doesn't know my name he'll never know it was me. I am so honest sometimes I make me sick. The next day I got a msg saying in the subject box Linked In. Oooopoopoo! So explained and apologizd but he wasn't hearing that. He stated it weirded him out to know I could find him without knowing his name. Soooo...long story short...i think i let a good one get away with my foolishness. Was I wrong for trying to protect myself from possibly being scammed?

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 1 Oct, 2016 04:24 AM

I did sell and give all away, that is the way we begin as a Christian, and God provides what we need, without taking thought for it.

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

I do not own where I live, and the laptop I use is in pieces, so that it is not salable, but it is usable to testify the Gospel to you, and I have no mobile.

Grace came to the disciples all as young men, Jesus began as a young man, Paul and most we see, hence why we are to turn from fornication and adultery, to turn away from trying to gain the whole world, and to serve others, to even make ourselves eunuchs for the kingdom of Heavens sake, but these words are of Grace, because Grace is truth, and are not palatable for everyone as it even says..

Matthew 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Matthew 4:21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.

Matthew 4:22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

Acts 7:58

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 1 Oct, 2016 12:57 PM

How nice for you. Too bad we all have only your word to go on, and since there is no way to be certain that you are telling the truth, I am neither harmed nor impressed by what you've said. I simply hoped that you had more common sense, period. Giving money to scammers makes sites like this more dangerous for everyone, and presuming to teach on a site like this, where any of our credentials could be falsified, makes even less sense (especially after making the claim that we should not rely on a teacher). We have no prior history, no credentials, and our claims of knowledge and long hours of research can easily be falsified or copied by someone else who is saying the opposite. The internet in general is a place where heresy and truth can be viewed side by side as equals and insisting more forcefully that one is true and the other is not only adds to everyone's confusion. Thus, there's no good reason why anyone should listen to whatever we have to say on here. Our opinions are just that, possessing no authority. Whatever authority we might have once had on a website has already been stolen from us by the liars and the fakes.

You did teach me one thing, but you're not going to like it. I've always heard a saying that goes, "we must be careful when we set out to slay dragons that we don't become one, ourselves." I never really understood it until now. Here is something you said as your reason for coming on this site: "...all I found was people arguing, so I began trying to stop who I felt was a deceiver, but really I had enough of it these days." You're tired of it? Your name is on most of the active discussion forums in the Biblical Questions page. You pretty much silenced one bully on there, which I thought was great, but as I read through your responses here and in other forums since the other guy disappeared, it looks like you've merely taken his place: taking over the Biblical Discussion forum almost completely, offering only correction and criticism instead of love, grace, or encouragement. Even if you're right on some of what you say, the only one truly gaining from all this bickering is Satan. I could write a long litany of how I think you've misinterpreted scripture, but simply put, I don't want to become any more like you. I've seen enough replacement dragons on this website, and I would rather leave it than be tempted to become the next one. I am so disgusted by what I have witnessed on these forums over the past couple of months that I no longer care if you capable of offering someone grace and compassion to another human being or not. I pray that compassion and grace will be returned to this place one day. I've seen and spoken with a few on here who have had wonderful spirits that show Christ-like love and I have enjoyed speaking with them, reading their stories and testimonies, and working side by side with some of them in COOPERATION to help answer a question, but it's not enough to make me want to continue to be associated with this place, so I kick the dust from my feet.

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 14 Oct, 2016 09:48 PM

Women are drawn in by the hero. The fireman with the hose and strong arms, The police officer that is 6 foot tall, the man in uniform... But Jesus was a beta male and a runt, a lowly carpenter from Galilee... the lowest of the low. He had no stable job... a hobo, a drifter, a madman rambling on like a schizophrenic he was no hero. When the soldiers of the roman empire were asked to donate their salary to women with children this man Jesus said: I wish that you were like me that you would have the quiet life... but if you must marry then do so, so that you may not suffer the flames of lusts. Yet like the cultural icon that Jesus became... he became the epitome of men; the sacrificed and the disposed of. Will you Accept Jesus? or will your eyes gaze awry?

Garry_Brokeland

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 22 Oct, 2016 04:41 PM

1) Don�t take rejection personally.

What percentage of women in your city would you date? 5%? 1%? Does that make them horrible undateable women? Do you think every woman in the world should be interested in dating you? If not, why do you assume that you�re undateable just because several women weren�t interested?

2) It won�t kill you if you get hurt.

I�ve been turned down, broken up with and cheated on. None of it killed me. I�d rather run the risk of getting hurt again than stop dating altogether.

3) Dating is a learned skill.

You can �be yourself�. You just need to learn a new skill. I can be myself while learning how to confidently ask a woman for her phone number, ask her out on an interesting date and carry on a comfortable conversation while on a date.

4) Broaden your definition of �success�.

You need to practice the skills you learn. If you get an opportunity to practice, that�s a success. It might not be the kind you want, but it will eventually lead to more success.

I used to be nervous on first dates. In 2007 I went on 10 first dates. Only 3 led to second dates. But by the end of that year, I no longer felt nervous on first dates. Try to speak with russians and ukrainian girls right here http://jump4loves.com/ cause they dont know english good so you will have a good experience in a 2 month.

5) It�s okay to be nervous.

You can be nervous, scared or even terrified of dating. That�s okay � as long as you don�t let it keep you from dating.

betsy4Christ

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 29 Nov, 2016 10:56 AM

amen come on!

betsy4Christ

View Profile
History
The One I Ran Away
Posted : 29 Nov, 2016 11:01 AM

Well Adam you're welcome to give to me! geez