Author Thread: If You're Frustrated By The Lack of Views/Emails You're Getting, This Will Help...
Admin

If You're Frustrated By The Lack of Views/Emails You're Getting, This Will Help...
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 12:23 AM

I'm writing this for the women on this site. I don't look at men's profiles so I don't know what's going on there, but I do see that women express frustration that men either don't view, or view but don't write or respond to their profiles.

If you're expecting some major revelation about what will make the difference, you're not going to find it here, but I do think one very small but important revelation will:

You need to smile! :yay:

I see many profiles where the main (or only) picture of the woman is one where she is not smiling, not looking happy, and sometimes looking awkward. Just relax! There's no need to look or feel awkward for a picture. You can make yourself smile as easily as you can make yourself look like you've been locked up in jail. I'm exaggerating, yes, but you get the point.

Let me end with this: A woman I know and respect told me that her mother taught her a very important lesson about her relationships with men: "Always let him remember you with a smile." As a man, I believe that's a great piece of advice. Men like to see a woman who is warm and real, and a genuine smile helps to convey that like nothing else. Remember, you only have one chance to make an impression, and part of that impression is visual. Some people have a fairytale idea that people should accept them based on their personality alone. All men and women, regardless of whether they admit it or not, are attracted, in part, by physical looks and the attitudes projected by those looks as much as they are attracted by the inward parts of a person. After all, what we portray outwardly says a lot about what's inside of you.

Now, go take a few pictures of yourself, or have someone take them for you. Snap the shutter when you're either feeling really happy, or when you're . That's the one we want to see!

I've noticed others making suggestions about grammar, etc. and I agree that those suggestions can be useful, but I'll write to a woman who has horrible grammar and a great smile, over a woman who could write for the Harvard Business Review but looks like like her cat has just died.

View Profile
History
If You're Frustrated By The Lack of Views/Emails You're Getting, This Will Help...
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 06:04 AM

dear sixby, pretty good post bro.. i like it.. alot of truth in it.

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 08:26 AM

"but I'll write to a woman who has horrible grammar and a great smile, over a woman who could write for the Harvard Business Review but looks like like her cat has just died."

Haha! Thanks for posting brother - that's a good point.

Ian

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 04:20 PM

how,s this?

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 06:49 PM

dear kayn, now thats the way ya do it..

i think the guys got a good point here as someone who smiles easily sure is nice to be around aint it.. ?

ole cattle

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 01:39 PM

well smiling is better than being snooty and stuck up. k.ayn

newgirlinaz

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 05:47 PM

it's all about the smile.... Six you have a great one!:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2009 03:23 AM

I marnie:glow:sending you a smile.

Shonny

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 10:58 PM

Good point! It goes for the men too...We want you all looking happy; not angry at the world....

Good post!

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 07:59 PM

It is all about a smile!!! I smile and I can write for the Harvard Business Review! Two birds with one woman! How's that, did I pass? Good Post...Oh and I don't have a cat.:yay: see the smile?

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2010 09:17 PM

How funny, true but funny.

Page : 1 2