Author Thread: love is hard to find
Admin

love is hard to find
Posted : 8 Nov, 2016 08:19 AM

i've been on this site for over 6 years now,and i haven't had much luck in finding anyone. it seems i'm unlucky when it comes to love.i had no luck in high school asking girls out,and i have only been on one date,and it didn't go so well. i have messaged many women on here,but most don't answer or after a few messages,they reject me,mostly cause of my disability and i don't have much money. i have considered a few options. 1. join a christian sect that still does arranged marriages. 2. find a female friend that is still single and ask her for her hand in marriage. 3. get a mail order bride. 4. join an amish,mennonite,quaker,or other plain christian community, and find a simple plain woman,who will not judge me to harshly and maybe give me the love and companionship, i've been wanting for so long. i will let you all look over the options i put up here and tell me which one will be the best and the pros and cons of each one,so i can make, i hope to be a wise decision.

View Profile
History
love is hard to find
Posted : 9 Nov, 2016 01:13 PM

Hi meeting someone can be a long process online dating is just one of many ways of meeting new people, you mentioned that you like reenactment have you thought about trying to find a meetup group in your local area.

View Profile
History
love is hard to find
Posted : 9 Nov, 2016 06:37 PM

i live out in a rural area. there's no where to go and meet people. and besides most of the women around my age bracket are married,or in a serious relationship,or if they are single they have children from previous relationships or have other issues. that's why i thought about joining a mennonite church in the area. less male competition,there are usually more females than males in amish or mennonite communities. also the only single moms there are divorced or widowed. and also they won't judge me cause i have a disability or don't have much money. also i have talked to women at reenactments i've been to,but most are married or have boyfriends. i do know a couple of lady reenactors that are single,but one lives out of state and the other is bit older than i am.

View Profile
History
love is hard to find
Posted : 12 Feb, 2017 12:52 PM

Dear friend, not because you are disabled, for healthy people too it is difficult to find real love. For each person, if it is meant to be, God sets time to find that special person, I believe. But the way you try for so many years not giving up for sure must encourage many people. I am not the one to make advices on this topic, but still will warn you: don't deal with any sects, mail order brides is also smth strange, it is more like a myth... Sometimes if one door does not open, some change is needed, i.e. to change the web site, for exampe, or get involved in some social activity that implies meeting new people, get a new hobby to have new friends, etc. There must be some diversity to succeed...

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
History
love is hard to find
Posted : 21 Mar, 2017 03:55 AM

garfieldfan

One thing I've noticed about love... it's one of those things you don't always have to go looking for. Sometimes it just finds you even when you least expect it.

In the original post, it reads loud and clear that your main objective it love. Have you completely considered God's ultimate plan for your life?

You made mention of women judging you "too harshly" and some of them being "simple and plain". Real love shouldn't even require the use of one's eyes - it's a verb or action and it's directed elsewhere when it's done correctly.

I was just surprised to read in your next post that you seem to say that you yourself hold certain, select women less valuable than others - mainly those who are divorced, or have children. A single mom is capable of love. A divorced woman is capable of love.

People are picky, I completely understand that. A relationship however involves compromise however all the way to the very end. If you're doing this with God's perfect plan in mind it's not about you getting what you want but rather all that you have to give to another.

Take care and God bless.

View Profile
History
love is hard to find
Posted : 22 Mar, 2017 04:40 AM

I liked the answer above but really, why do you think that a plain woman is the answer?

Would you seriously not prefer an attractive woman?? Have you considered the possible that a woman who takes care of herself is doing that to show God's image to the best of her ability???

Perhaps a good approach is to think about the dates. Why did they not work out? Wrong person??? Wrong age group? Incompatibility? These are all valid reasons for a relationship not to form.

I'm not disabled (well at the moment, I have a broken arm) but I'm still open to love.

View Profile
History
love is hard to find
Posted : 2 Apr, 2017 10:23 PM

the reason why i'm skeptical about dating a single mom or a divorced woman,is that one,their kids may not accept me. two,i want to have kids of my own,not raise someone else's. also having to be an instant stepdad would be too much pressure for me,i have aspergers. also there's a possibility that the ex husband or ex boyfriend will cause problems,and i tend to have a short fuse.

View Profile
History
love is hard to find
Posted : 2 Apr, 2017 10:33 PM

what i meant by plain christian women,was that they dress plain,like the amish,mennonites,or other conservative christian group. for example long plain dresses or skirts,and maybe a head covering. it just there are too many women,that dress provocatively,and also by plain,i meant to have strong christian values,and not judge a man by how much money he has,or how much stuff he has and how much stuff he can buy for you. women should judge by if he's a good person at heart and has a strong faith in god.