Author Thread: Fakes & Scams
CatchTheFire

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 22 Jan, 2017 05:48 PM

I am so fed up with all the fakes. I even had a women pretend to be handicapped, claim to be Christian. The sad thing is the Christian sites have more fakes and scams then the others combined. How can these people do this? Does anyone have a conscience any more?

Kate.

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 23 Jan, 2017 06:16 AM

Spotting the fakes is actually not that hard as they follow certain patterns. Yes they are very, very annoying and an unpleasant waste of peoples time.

The world is bad and full of evil, just because this is a christian dating site wouldn't make the evil stay away from it, it's contrary of course as the enemy enjoys to destroy good faith and good people.

So all I can say is have faith, be aware and use common sense.

God bless you all.

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 29 Jan, 2017 05:45 PM

I have more banned messages in my inbox than messages I could read, I dont even get to read them !!

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 25 Feb, 2017 07:28 PM

I received some messages before they were BANNED. Normally they asked me to exchange emails or skypes instead of talking on this site. Once I received a message with a lot of flattery, then they asked me to give them my email, if I said to they that we should follow the rules on this site, they vanished. No surprise, this is the world full of scammers.But Thank God, He teach us to tell who is the right one.

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 26 Feb, 2017 07:38 PM

I think, the only way to verify people are who they say they are is to either ask for their credit card info and all their ID numbers and everything and make sure it all matches. Then perhaps run a comprehensive background check on them. But for a dating site to do this with each member, it would cost a lot of time and money. This means the service wouldn't be free. So, if you want a free dating site, then it means the members won't be checked. Anybody can join. I think, the free dating sites are the only places where these scammers are flocking. They come here because they want to make money. If a dating site costs money (lots of money), they won't go there, because they don't want to pay money. They just want to make money. So, the sad reality is free dating sites draw in lots of scammers. :(

ivmontez

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 28 Feb, 2017 11:04 PM

Thats the case with most dating sites nowadays. all you need is to be careful and do a lot of research about the people you meet. request a video call or something

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 26 Mar, 2017 02:30 PM

Found a specific approach with people on the internet - they're not who they claim to be until you verify it one way or another.

If I receive an email offering an email address or phone number I see it as either an aggressive move, an assertive move, or a scammer trying to get contact outside the site. I'm not looking for aggressive or a scammer so the answer is to wait patiently and insist on keeping communication here until you've found enough verification to let a complete stranger further into your personal world. I've seen a handful throw anger tantrums when I don't want to give out my personal email address or call right away and that's not showing any signs of the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

If something is truly meant to be - God's perfect will... time isn't really an issue or factor in the equation. Take as much time as you need to verify a person is who they're portraying themself to be. Look for inconsistencies in their emails. I blocked a user who was without doubt a scammer, and the next day a new email came in with the exact same pictures. a different user name, and a different country of residence. It's funny but sad.

Time reveals most of the answers, don't let anyone rush you off to private conversation elsewhere.

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 27 Mar, 2017 01:51 PM

I"m just reading this for the first time so I will like to add my reply as well. I have been on dating sites that you will need to pay just to see who has Flirted and sent you a Message or for you to Write a message to someone who may have peeked your interest. ALL sites are some what free but not totally free as this one and all sites that have a subscription attached are supposed to do verification of it's members but DON'T. What they want you to do is inform them when you are the subject of someone who is trying to scam you. In other words, You do their work for your money. Some of these same same sites will get us by informing us that they are Christian sites. So, the best thing is to be SMART don't provide your telephone number, e-mail or send money. Another way to know that they are scammers is when they include their e-mail or phone number in their profile regardless how clever it's hidden. Don't be desperate, shut it down and BLOCK.

CatchTheFire

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 2 Apr, 2017 03:49 PM

BTW fakes and scammers abound on pay sites I had the most and worse on Christian Mingle with a paid account someone even hacked my account there somehow and copied my whole profile, changed my name and age and said I was a widower. I keep trying for that .01% of finding someone real but on all and i have tried over a dozen 99% are fakes or bots. Just the way it is I guess

Jtseniors

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 2 Jun, 2017 11:08 PM

Had someone ask for my address so they could send me a package. I sent him my name, in care of Det. So-and-so, xxxxx police dept. And address. He pitched a royal fit! Called me every name in the book. Didn't send package. 😂😂😂

Get you a friend in the police Dept.

Never give out private info.

Jtseniors

View Profile
History
Fakes & Scams
Posted : 2 Jun, 2017 11:09 PM

Had someone ask for my address so they could send me a package. I sent him my name, in care of Det. So-and-so, xxxxx police dept. And address. He pitched a royal fit! Called me every name in the book. Didn't send package. 😂😂😂

Get you a friend in the police Dept.

Never give out private info.