Author Thread: Taking the time
Admin

Taking the time
Posted : 23 Feb, 2017 01:28 PM

I've been talking with someone who has a professional occupation with a lot of responsibility for about 6 months now. She seems driven to succeed. We have a lot in common and get along very well. However, it seems like she doesn't take as much time to talk with me as I'd like. It seems that most of our discussions are not very deep either. She's very agreeable and humble and loves the Lord, so none of that is an issue. We live on different continents, so I've never actually met her in person, and she's 9 hours ahead of me. When we do talk, we get along very well. I've brought up her being so busy before, and she apologized and promised to take more time for me, but after a few weeks, we're back where we were in that respect. When we first started talking, we had literally talked for hours on the phone a few times and chatted for hours on messenger every day. Over the last few months though, most days our entire messenger conversation could take place in less than 5 minutes if we were talking in person. I'm not a needy person, but I feel when you're trying to really get to know someone, you need to take time to do that.

So I'm just wondering if she will always be so busy? Has anyone else had a relationship with someone like this? How'd it work out?

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 23 Feb, 2017 10:16 PM

My paranoia-sense says she's busy yes but also avoiding you. The beginning was great but then something happened to cool her off and she does not have the courage to actually come out and face you with it. In this woman ARE the weaker sex it seems sometimes falling back on the "of course he knows" nonsense as an excuse to themselves. Usually it takes a fight to actually unearth it.

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 24 Feb, 2017 02:42 PM

I would agree with you except her words say differently. It's not all the time either. I'm thinking more about the kind of person she is when it comes to her career. Can someone who has been so driven to succeed when they are single, suddenly slow down and be happy with a less "successful" job once they are married?

AmberLady

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 8 Mar, 2017 12:04 PM

I can say something about me personally. It doesn't mean that all women are like that. Just me) Sometimes i find myself speaking for hours with someone. But usually i'm busy) So if i am not in love or not enough attracted - i can forget about texting to that person. And when he appears - i'll be chatting with pleasure.

On the other hand. When i am deeply interested in someone i will always find a time. :)

Regarding career. It depends on every single woman. I have a friend, who is professional and loves her job. But she says, she would be happy to leave this all for family and growing kids:) Anyway, i don't know any christian lady here who won't give up her career for family. But it's local culture, so may be no applicable to other countries:)

gaileguia

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 8 Mar, 2017 08:11 PM

Well everybody is busy though :) however it depend on you how to handle it, i experience this as well, we chat much,sometimes we will not sleep just to talk to each other, we have the same in common, we really enjoy to each other then suddenly he blocked me without providing reasons, and i really dont understand it

osol_letse

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 21 Mar, 2017 03:55 AM

hi..

your stem catch my attention regarding LDR..and open communication is a must. But id rather comment with an honest reply to it based on my experience. If I'm the woman who is interested in the knowing stage and wants it to go deeper on the relationship..i would always find time for it no matter how busy my schedule is. Well that's me... and do not mean twud be the same with other girls tho.

Victor_InChrist

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 21 Mar, 2017 09:31 PM

Before my husband and I got married, we talked everyday no matter how busy i am. We have 12 hrs difference but it's not a big deal. For me if you really care/love someone and you want to know him/her more, you need to spare some time for him/her, that's very important in a relationship especially in a LDR.

And nothing has change now that we're married. Even though the nature of my work requires me longer time or worse its a 24 hrs thingy, i always make sure i have time for my husband before taking rest. Good thing there's skype and i tell yah, its open almost 24 hrs lol so i can watch him while he asleep(during my free time) or he can watch me while im asleep

....Maybe you can do some devotional work book together so you two can get along and know each other deeper.( My husband bought 2 books at Walmart.)

Hope it will help you. God bless!

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 25 Mar, 2017 09:51 AM

For me it was slightly different. He would only chat when i chat him and never would he initiate a conversation. So i decided to ask why is that and his response was that i am always busy(which is not true). I told him that, that was just an excuse, plus i also told him that i was mature enough to know when it was time to move on. My brother it's time to move on.

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 14 Apr, 2017 07:47 AM

Hi David, busyness is not an excuse but it depends what she is busy with. If she don't feel like communicating in any means, phone, email, messenger then don't push. But P.U.S.H. Pray Until Something Happens if you really feel she is the one for you

View Profile
History
Taking the time
Posted : 14 Apr, 2017 09:42 AM

It depends what God will allow. I personally think that it is upto both parties whether wife is still required to work or take care of her responsibilities as a wife and fulfill the work for the Lord at the same time as these are all required if we apply the word. If someone you pursue is successful in her career and choose it over you, I think you should tell that person this is not about the life God is well pleased with, all depends where will you end at. Depend on Him! :)