Author Thread: International Relationships
Admin

International Relationships
Posted : 26 Feb, 2017 06:53 AM

Hello CDFF,

I will present some of my dos and don'ts I learned from my experience with International Relationships. I am not an expert, but I am approached a lot on here by men from other countries.

Dos:

-Be honest about where you are from

Ex. It helps to do the right thing, and have the correct country and region on your profile

- Be honest about your intentions

Ex. If your intentions are to get provisions let that be know. If its about just finding love let that be know. Honesty about what we want from others honors GOD in my opinion. And, consider if you cannot express what you want... Maybe, it is unreasonable to ask. For example, be willing to invest in a Passport if you want the other person to do the same.

-Be honest about your cultural beliefs and expectations

Ex. A lot more people will be accepting of your culture if you explain it to them. I truly believe cultures and diversity is a wonderful thing. Educate others about your norms and beliefs who may not know them. Be willing to be educated about others cultures as well. Do not assume you know everything about different cultures if you have not visited or researched properly.

Don'ts:

-Deceive others.

kartini

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2017 10:55 PM

Agree with you sister..there was a divorced man from US ever asked a free ticket and job to me, said that he wanted to commit suicide. So it depends on someone's personality and the reality. God bless us, Tuhan berkati kita. Amen :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2017 01:49 AM

Honesty is very important in the beginning.

International Relationship will need more effort compare to local relationship. Need more :

1. Time

to do all those video call and time to wait until meet him/her in person probably in 6 months - 1 year

2. Willingness and understanding

to know each other cultures and values.

3.Commitment

to be faithful to each other

4. Patience

to wait and to encourage each other

5. Budget and energy

to plan the visit, to take care the documents needed and to pay the airline tickets, hotel and transportation

if the two are meant for each other by God's design, all those things are worthed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2018 06:54 AM

unless a man is in a position to travel regularly...and after 2 conversations (like those locally do after they approach you) then I am not interested. You begin telling too much about yourself to someone you've never met and don't even know if there is chemistry.

I have one son, who is fully grown and on his own...I won't be Mama to anyone else....lil boys grow up and leave Mama..

a person saying they'd hurt themselves if I didn't help them or love them is like a toddler holding his nose because he can't have a cookie.

Also...although we'd have same Christian beliefs, the possibilities of drama are so much higher due to cultural differences....like type of dress, music preferences

...would I take a chance? Slim maybe, but only if he met my first requirement of being able to travel to see me regularly....at least twice a month...

soooo..if he felt one diamond was too expensive, he should go for the one there that he doesn't have to pay shipping costs.

Page : 1 2