Author Thread: SUGGEST how to work against scammers
Admin

SUGGEST how to work against scammers
Posted : 16 Mar, 2017 12:28 AM

To CDFF,

I suggest you make a tab a site with those known scammers pictures whom you have banned from here.

Over and over again do those scam-pictures return here.

Every time I get a message from you that someone have message me raise it a hope in me and then I notice they are scammers and it nice to see you ban them so very quick but still is it too much you do not ban before they make victims to start write to the scammers on their e-mail.

I hope you can tell members to stay talking on here for a week before they write in e-mails.

Also should it be an update on tips how to detecting a scammer because they develop their knowledge how to write a mail to scam.

I work very much to catch the scammers and 90% can I tell they are scammers immediately.

Often start the contact with a expert or the manager for the group of scammers and it take me some days to know they are scammers as soon they think we are in love do they let a young boy or girl take over and I can tell they are scammers.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2017 03:06 PM

I have learned to tell scammers almost immediately as well. On this site alone, since I joined in March 2017, I have counted about 59 scammers who've messaged me.

a) Their picture is almost ALWAYS that of someone too-good-to-be-true gorgeous. In fact, sometimes (not every time, mind you), if you look at the lighting, posing, etc., it is not a casual snapshot, but clearly a professionally-shot pic of a model of some sort. I think once, maybe twice, the lady was unimpressive in appearance.

b) They are anxious to get to communicating with you outside the site, instantly or very soon asking for "gmail hangout", phone #, or providing theirs.

(I've been tempted to just call the numbers they provide. Sometimes, when they give email addresses, I'll send them the email addy of another scammer or sign them up to over 100 newsletters from around the 'net, some of them less than savory.)

c) Their english is broken or... off. Oftentimes they are from Ghana, and like other Africans, they have trouble with the pronoun "I", using instead "Am here seeking for soulmate..." Or, they may say something like "I really liked your profile it was very beautiful profile text me here ### so we may no each other and see where this leads..." Stupid stuff like that.

Sometimes, rarely, they're really good and you cannot immediately tell. But, at some point their story doesn't add up. E.g...

d) Their self-description in their profile and their photos do not line up. (Can you say "stupid"??!!??)

e) Their profiles will say something like "Dallas, TX", but when you ask them where they're from, they'll give a different place. Yes, they are that stupid.

It may be some or all of these that you notice, but if you see any of these elements, tell them you're onto them (I love letting them know that I know, and they'll protest and say something like "Are you mad? Why you say such thing to me?"), or just block them, and report them to the site immediately.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2017 08:21 PM

spot on!!!

Abbaschild52

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 08:22 AM

From the girl standpoint, I steered away from the really gorgeous guys to avoid scammers and picked some realistic looking guys. However, I still ended up talking to scammers. Some of the smarter ones are using more realistic pics for the ladies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2018 03:31 PM

When you say "smarter", you mean less stupid than the others. LOL These guys are idiots. I got into an insult-exchange last night with one. The insults sounded like a 10yo's. He didn't seem to realize that by arguing with me, I was wasting his time and preventing him from scamming others. Until I told him. But, that did not seem to make a dent and he continued engaging me. Idiot.

Page : 1 2