Author Thread: Wanting children in your 40s?
HisLoveNeverFails28

View Profile
History
Wanting children in your 40s?
Posted : 6 Apr, 2017 08:04 PM

Do men who still want to have children ever consider dating women who are in their mid 40s? I haven't given up on having children yet, but I doubt a guy who is looking for that is going to include my age in his search criteria.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2017 07:43 PM

I was told that people change, esp. women. And it is safest to have children while you're between 20 and 30. Also, I have read that during our lifetime, we eat and inhale a bunch of harmful chemicals, some of which can cause cancer and corrupt our DNA. So, as we get older, we get more of these imperfections, therefore it's better to have kids while we're young. I have no doubt that people in their 40s can have children, but it carries more risk. ((I am not a doctor.))

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2017 05:39 AM

Hi, I understand that you can never force attraction and I believe that if you are right with God, he will give the desires of your heart. So if you are liking someone who doesn't see you the way you like him, how can God hand over that person to you? Don't lose hope, wait for His timing. I know I'm not a male but I hope it helped. I'm turning 40 but as I do not know yet who's that one for me, I'm unsure whether I'm wanting to having a child on my own or not. You cross the bridge when you get there.

dance2cedm

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2017 12:22 AM

I'm 56 and have never had children but would like to. Most of my friends are having their first babies, so I'm surrounded by that now (most of my friends are in their 20s or 30s). While it may be rare to find a man who wants children to be looking to marry someone in her 40s, certainly they exist. Of course, when you're looking for something rare like that, the available pool of people to date is much smaller, and then you have all the other compatibility factors to consider, so it can make it difficult to find someone.

LabourerRenter

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2017 07:15 PM

I'll be praying for you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2017 12:16 PM

I have a dear friend in his 50's, who dates young girls in their 20's. Reason: He was never married, and now wants babies!

a little crazy, but I don't judge; after all men mature slower!

If two people love each other it can work. I do know women who have had successful pregnancies in their forties, also couples who happily adopted.

Laurawales

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2017 01:33 AM

Am here for you

Laurawales

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2017 02:16 AM

Am here for you