Author Thread: Fake profiles
Isuse33

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 18 Apr, 2017 02:04 PM

Tons of fake profiles. Women who put 30 as their age, then have looking for 21-29. Always, without fail, leave blank the church they attend, and how often. Same basic format. Maybe these need to be deleted?

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 19 Apr, 2017 04:34 AM

I think, if a person hasn't logged in for more than 2 years, then the profile should be marked "inactive," which means it shouldn't show up in searches.

Also, I bet some guys create fake profiles just to see what other men write. ;-) In the previous post I asked to see some of the first messages guys sent. Now, I know, the easiest way for me to see what others write is to create a fake woman's profile here, but I think that would be somewhat unethical. lol

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 21 Apr, 2017 01:02 AM

There are many even in forums.

dance2cedm

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 23 Apr, 2017 12:14 AM

Every dating site has fake profiles, even paid ones. It's a fact of online dating life. You just develop your skill at identifying them.

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 23 Apr, 2017 07:00 AM

Yes, you send them a message and if they don't reply within a month or so, then chances are they never will.

It would be helpful if this site showed the number of UNREAD messages in one's inbox. That way we would know who is active and who is not. For example, if someone has 120 unread messages, then that person might not be active. or even if she is active, chances are she will just delete all the messages or delete her entire account. There is no way to read that many unread messages! :P

Gardenerwalker

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 26 Apr, 2017 03:08 PM

Yes, I agree all of these sites have fake profiles of one kind or another. Some sites have more than others. Yes, the key is to develop the skill to identify them

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 30 Apr, 2017 05:23 PM

Being able to sort by the last log in date would be a huge plus to knowing if a profile is active or not.

The fake profiles are fairly easy to spot:

Age 29-33

One Picture, if multiple they look like a photo shoot (shocker)

Incredibly hot

The English looks like it has been mangled by a translator

Race and picture do not match (e.g., Race = Native American and Picture Caucasian)

Invite off site within the first two messages

They ask, "So what are you looking for?" when it is plainly in your profile.

They have some reason to be in Ghana that involves getting a lot of money

Nothing in their profile has to do with God or faith just finding their "soul mate."

They don't answer your questions.

LindseyC

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 14 May, 2017 02:57 PM

To be fair, 99% of guys who message me ask, "So what are you looking for?" lol.

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 18 May, 2017 01:02 PM

LindseyC is fake. Be careful guys.

Shui

View Profile
History
Fake profiles
Posted : 24 May, 2017 06:21 AM

Cool 👍🏻👍🏻 How do you know she's fake?

Shui