Author Thread: Need A Woman's Prespective
Admin

Need A Woman's Prespective
Posted : 15 May, 2017 09:07 PM

Hello Ladies!!!!! I recently got my heartbroken and I need a woman's perspective. I met a woman on here about a month ago from Nashville, TN. I never thought she would write me back but when she did I was surprised and happy. We started talking and hit it off so well. The more we talked the more we discovered how much we had in common. She told me right away that she could tell that she was falling for me. She also told me that she really wanted to meet me and that she wished she could just come over to my apartment and hang out. I told her that I wished the same. She also told me that she could not literally wait to meet me. The next day we talked about meeting in person. I told her that I wasn't really comfortable traveling by myself because I've never done it before. I told her I would ask a good friend of mine to go with me but if he said no I told her that I was willing to take the plunge and come on my own. A few days later I contacted a travel agency here about booking a flight and hotel. The woman I spoke with told me if I went from June 3rd - June 10th I could get a flight for around $200. I told the woman from Nashville this and all of a sudden I felt like her demeanor/attitude changed. She told me that she was glad I was coming but that she couldn't hang out with me for the entirety of my trip and that she could only hang out with me at night. She also said that she was renovating her home so some renters could move in. I told her that that was okay and that we would figure something out. A few days later she left to travel to Nepal because she's a missionary/disaster relief responder and she works for Hope Force International and she was going to help the people over there. I didn't get to talk to her much and she didn't really talk to me while there. I started to feel like she was losing interest so I mentioned to her that she said in the beginning that she could tell that she was falling for me and I asked her if she still felt this way. I also reminded her that she said that she could not literally wait to meet me and I asked her if she still felt this way. I asked her these questions more than once because I wanted to be sure that she still liked me. She wrote me back and said: Now is not the time or place to have this conversation. The next morning I got a response from her that read: The answer to both questions is no. I feel like you're so insecure and that's a big turn off for me. You're a good guy. Just not for me. This all happened within a week. Ladies I need your help. Why would a woman do this? Why would asking a couple of questions more than once cause a woman to cut all ties with me? What could I have done differently? What can I do better next time? What could I do to get this person back?

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2017 11:03 PM

You're right....I have to learn not to share every detail that pops into my head but I thought I could trust her. We weren't dating. We were in the "getting to know each other" phase. If I was going for a job interview I wouldn't go to a job interview for a landscaping company. I wouldn't apply for a job where I had to drive a lawnmower because I don't know how. I would go to a job interview for a job that I could do. I told her that I would be a leader and come see her by myself. I don't like change but I told her that I'd be willing to move to Nashville to make things work between us. I normally don't do something like that but I felt so strongly about her that I was willing to move. See....that's the difference between you and me. You've probably traveled alone by yourself before so you know what to do and what it's like. I've never done that before. If I did any traveling it was always my grandmother and I. Any time we flew somewhere it was always her and I. Not to mention you don't have a disability so you cannot begin to understand how hard it is for someone like that to travel alone. Sure, I'm older now but it's still frightening and scary. However, as I said I was willing to go through this experience as scary and frightening as it might have been to go see her. I've been through more life challenges than most people. Trust me, I've already learned a lot from this experience. Just curious....when you drove 500 miles to see a girl what did you say or she say when you finally met? I doubt I'll ever be married. Making assumptions about someone is ridiculous. You can't really get to know someone through text messages and a bunch of words. You have to get to know them face to face. It was immature of her to say such nice things and then drop me so suddenly. I feel like I didn't even get an explanation. All I got from her was that she thought I was so insecure with myself and that was a big turn off for her. When I tried to get her to explain she wouldn't do it. All she said was I'm a good guy just not for her. I've tried talking to her and explaining to her that she's got it all wrong but she won't talk to me. I asked her for those questions because I wanted to be sure she still felt a certain way about me. I asked her those questions because I didn't want to waste my money and buy a plane ticket and fly all the way to Nashville to see her only to find out that she didn't feel the same way anymore. Do you know what I mean? I would've wasted my money and gone to Nashville for nothing. When you got to know someone and you exchanged lots of messages and then you said one bad thing that you shouldn't have said and she went silent how did you feel? You said she never spoke to you again. How did you move on? I would think that she could at least be friends with me if nothing else. I just don't know how someone can say all of those things and say that they feel a connection with you and then just drop you so suddenly. I feel like everything she told me was a lie. I would think that if you have/feel a connection with someone you don't just drop them suddenly.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2017 12:53 AM

I agree that she shouldn't have said all those things to you. I think a few days is too short a time to have chatted with someone to know enough about them and make those kinds of statements. Some people just throw themselves into everything and get bored quickly, and some people are more measured. I've had a few conversations that have gone well for the first few days but not developed into much. I think you need to take care of yourself and guard your heart. Maybe she said that she couldn't wait to meet you because she didn't consider the possibility that you would book a ticket - that's foolish of her, but I think a previous reply that was written is right, that giving the conversation a bit more time would be wise, and guarding your heart in the meantime. I can see that you are longing for a relationship and are a trusting person, but maybe you need to hold back a little at first, for your sake. It is a possibility that she was a Catfish...

Your anger is tangible in your messages, maybe because it's fresh in your mind, but some of things you've said in the chat rooms have not been kind. Maybe you could re-read the things you're​ about to post, or at least be more open-minded to the comments people make. At the moment, it seems that you're​ not looking for advice, just an outlet for your anger...

Don't give up, but try to be conscious that other people may have different standards or motivations, and people are sometimes fickle in their contains, even when on your side all seems to be going well. Maybe online dating isn't the right place for you to find a partner. I'll be praying for you

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2017 12:53 AM

I agree that she shouldn't have said all those things to you. I think a few days is too short a time to have chatted with someone to know enough about them and make those kinds of statements. Some people just throw themselves into everything and get bored quickly, and some people are more measured. I've had a few conversations that have gone well for the first few days but not developed into much. I think you need to take care of yourself and guard your heart. Maybe she said that she couldn't wait to meet you because she didn't consider the possibility that you would book a ticket - that's foolish of her, but I think a previous reply that was written is right, that giving the conversation a bit more time would be wise, and guarding your heart in the meantime. I can see that you are longing for a relationship and are a trusting person, but maybe you need to hold back a little at first, for your sake. It is a possibility that she was a Catfish...

Your anger is tangible in your messages, maybe because it's fresh in your mind, but some of things you've said in the chat rooms have not been kind. Maybe you could re-read the things you're​ about to post, or at least be more open-minded to the comments people make. At the moment, it seems that you're​ not looking for advice, just an outlet for your anger...

Don't give up, but try to be conscious that other people may have different standards or motivations, and people are sometimes fickle in their contains, even when on your side all seems to be going well. Maybe online dating isn't the right place for you to find a partner. I'll be praying for you

Page : 1 2 3