Author Thread: Share Your Reason For Joining CDFF
sweetworship

View Profile
History
Share Your Reason For Joining CDFF
Posted : 5 Jun, 2017 08:23 PM

I think this is a great way to start in getting to know one another. All of us here are unique individuals with colorful reasons why we're here. So anyway, let's start with myself.

I'm technically from the Philippines, but have lived and worked in Tanzania East Africa for quite some time. Being deployed in a provincial state where there's no opportunity to get acquainted to new friends, and of course I just cannot pull someone in the neck because as a Christian, I do not want to co yoke with an unbeliever, then it has reached to a point of breakdown that I had to find a channel to get acquainted to people of the same interests : single Christian people who are also looking for the other half.

I trust God's arms are not short to reach out to me through this site. But though I get discouraged sometimes, I trust the man for me is somewhere in the corner of this world and whoever you are, I've been praying for you.

That's it for now. So what about you? What motivated you to join here?

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2017 11:45 PM

I work by myself. I am an introvert, so normally, I avoid crowded places. I rarely see other people. Most people in my church are already married, and ones who are not married have vastly different beliefs than I do. I grew up in Budapest, Hungary, and even the culture is a bit different there. For example, American football doesn't exist in Europe. I am not a football fan. I still don't know the rules, and when I see on TV that people jump on top of each other and break each other's ribs and neck, I wonder in amazement why people think this is entertainment. All I see is a bunch of serious accidents. It's kind people in Spain running from the bulls. I don't understand that either. LOL

I have heard that unbelievers sometimes meet their spouse by asking for a cigarette or lighter. I don't smoke, so I will probably not going to meet Ms Right that way. And if she exists, she doesn't smoke either, so she probably doesn't carry a cigarette lighter with her anyway. Haha

I am not a member of any group or club or anything outside of church. I don't go to bars or clubs or any such gathering. I like to avoid crowds. I am not anti-social, but I just like to be by myself. I feel perfectly satisfied when I just stay at home instead of going out somewhere.

Years ago I was extremely desperate to find a relationship until I met the wrong girl, and I discovered what a terrible mistake it would have been to marry her. I would have ruined my whole life! Since then, I am more scared than desperate. I am not exactly sure where I will find her, and I am not quick to get into a relationship or marriage. I am cautious, careful, and picky.

I did not date anyone until I was 30 years old. Then I decided, let's do this, and so I have been experimenting... But I've been single most of the time. I've spent like 90% of my not being in a relationship. So, for me, this is normal. Some people can't stand being single for even a month. They have to be in a relationship at all times. I have gotten used to it. I feel like it might be a huge shock for me to enter a new relationship. It would be something out of the ordinary. It's kind of like buying a brand new car. If you have never had a new car, it will be shocking experience to suddenly start driving a new car with zero miles.

Just like a new car costs a lot of money, I think that marriage is going to cost a lot of money and energy and time. And once I get married, I might have a child soon. So, I am not just entering a relationship, but marriage also means having a child. That's an even "scarier" thought. I have never imagined what it would be to have a child. One day I ran into a friend of mine who was carring his baby in his neck. And I thought to myself, "If I get married, that's me right there. If I get married, I am going to look like that guy, going shopping, carrying his son with him." Huh, I am not sure I am ready for this! All my life, I have thought that I am by myself and no one belongs to me or I am not responsible for anyone else but me. Now, all of a sudden if I was responsible for a wife and a kid, it would be such a huge shock. I can't even imagine. It would be like having a new identity like getting a face replacement surgery. People who get a new face also need to undergo therapy, because it's such a shock for them that they can't imagine that it's really themselves they see in the mirror. It literally changes their identity. So, getting married is a scary thought. My prayer is that I find someone that I am not afraid to marry.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jul, 2017 01:17 AM

I am situated in the countryside, we get a lot of tourists because of the local hot springs and hiking trails but that's about it. I don't drink or carouse and crowds make me uncomfortable because the noise does not equalize properly in my head... everything comes in at the same volume so while I can see and people talking I can't understand more than a few words. Basically I have no "normal" way of meeting people and I dislike travelling, motion sickness and so on makes the actual act of traveling exhausting and I have never actually found a reason strong enough to motivate me to physically see something that I can get plenty of photos & videos of.

Also I am very much a noni-sheep so most people end up instinctually confused by me and most of those can't properly process it.