Author Thread: Am I backing myself into a corner?!
RayKlassen1973

View Profile
History
Am I backing myself into a corner?!
Posted : 13 Jun, 2017 04:16 PM

I recently got back on the right track with God and His Way of Life. So now I'm looking for a woman. But are my standards too high and am I painting myself into a corner, or am I setting myself up for disappointment?! Am I being too picky?! I'm hoping to meet a beautiful native first nations woman who was ALSO adopted, who loves to wear ONLY ankle length skirts, or modest ankle length dresses ALL THE TIME, and doesn't wear pants at all. Are there females out there who are not scared of men in wheelchairs, and live by a personal modesty dress code?! I know, I should just let it go and put it in God's Hands. But I have to believe that she or "they" are still out there!

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2017 10:50 AM

You do have a lot of wants (or must haves?) for the physical for the way your mate must dress. Be aware that a woman can dress modest without wearing only ankle length dresses...if that is a preference, that's fine,,but it may be hard to find a woman that only wears that attire..

As far as one's mate's attire and looks, etc. I think we can hope to get about 80% of what we want when we find the "one", so I hope you will be open to this idea, and of course follow The Lord's leading.

(My late husband was about my height, with dark hair,,,My dream for a mate had been taller than me, with light hair, so now I am (older and wiser), and more open,,God Bless!

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2017 09:21 PM

chances are about 0.001% good luck

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2017 08:57 PM

In Canada, winters get pretty cold, and women like to wear pants because they are warm. Skirts are very thin and don't insulate well. If you require a woman to wear a skirt at all times, that's like a woman requiring you to wear a t-shirt all the time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2017 11:30 PM

Here it gets cold in winter too, atm I have 4 seperate layers of clothing (top and bottom) and no heating haha.

Have you SEEN the old fashioned skits? They were thick, multi-layered, much warmer than pants and often actually had pants as a inner layer (underwear) anyway.

loukas

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2017 05:31 AM

(Using Bruce's analogy) A finger is pointing at the moon. If you are focusing on the finger, you will miss the heavenly moon.

Don't sweat on small stuffs like what to eat, what to drink, what to dress or how to eat, how to drink, how to dress.

I would focus on the lady's personality and her truly walk with the Lord and if both of you are easy on the eyes of each other, then everything else will fall into places. Then again, your level of inner maturity will attract the kind of woman's responses to your level. Our forefather has a saying "Birds of feathers will most likely flock together."