Author Thread: New Scam
Admin

New Scam
Posted : 22 Jun, 2017 09:10 AM

There is a new scam being run and I thought it worth my while to share it out. This one is a bit more sophisticated and a lot more frustrating.

Unlike the scams where you are immediately asked to go to some goofy website or whatever, this one involves the normal progression of sharing information. Messages, then texting. When you have the person's phone number, immediately look it up. I am not promoting any particular website, however a Google of "free reverse cell phone look up" will produce the one I used. You enter their cell number and find out that it is a landline. What it actually turns out to be is a VOIP (Voice over internet protocol) multi-use line that is linked to an overseas phone. They cannot actually call you. So as a result, they will tell you that their phone is broken and begin to hint around that you can "help them out."

My response? If you give me your full name and address I will leave a voucher at your local state police barracks. You go in produce your ID and you collect the money. I guess I won't tell them about the complimentary handcuffs.

KellyMarie4

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 6 Jul, 2017 05:46 PM

Thank you for sharing, good to know.

FairCrown

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 9 Jul, 2017 11:30 AM

thank you very much for this useful information

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 14 Jul, 2017 06:24 PM

Thank you for the warning. That is one thing I do is google their number. I refuse to give anyone my email address too.

Hermit

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 31 Aug, 2017 09:40 AM

Although I know there are scammers, some ppl could be a real friend (at no cost)

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 07:27 AM

They are pretty much on every platform but here are a lot of this guys, I gave one info to admin and a view still come u as banned, its easy to figure it out when you know their way, Caucasians here might, then the doctors, engineers,mostly widow some with a child , small info by describe them selfs and many are from America, Canada.. Not saying that everyone is a scam but be careful in such profil and it might be helpful let you give first there email , type the email plus scam on google mainly it brings them up as scammer with diffrent ids , or search the Number , it can help to , esearch the pictures... or any helpful information. Be careful what you share, and when you on a view sides, remeber if you might have seen the picture with another id somewhere else, never send money or any voucher cards or provate information. In case you find out report them admin and or google as scammers, So be wise and I wish you all to meet the true soulmate and no fake guy or girl. God bless you

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 01:13 PM

just a fyi. many use free VOIP apps today. some of witch are based out of other contrarys.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 02:38 PM

Jutta54 that has been my experience too, I've had numerous Caucasian men contact me all of whom have been widowed engineers. I've also had my fair share of African men contact me also widows who happened to be engineers but I'm into them :-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 02:40 PM

* I'm into them *

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
New Scam
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 02:42 PM

Predictive text that should say * I'm onto them *