Author Thread: Don't Get It
musician47

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 5 Jul, 2017 10:26 AM

I just don't post here at all generally, and this has nothing really to do with "love and dating", but I can't figure out what women (maybe men do this to women too) come here for. They view me maybe once, maybe four times, yet when I try to engage them in "conversation" on messaging, they either read and ignore, or if they have messaged me first, and I compliment them, or try to just chat and have a new friend, that's it. Not one more word from them.

It's like a person going fishing. They get a bite, they either pull it in, get scared and throw it back, or refuse to pull the line out of the water at all. I'm so glad I no longer pay "hard to come by" money for these sites, and even free, it's hardly worth my time or bother. Maybe they're checking for a weather forecast, but there are web sites like The Weather Channel.com for that. This isn't it, ladies. I just don't get it.

I was on Christian Mingle for years, made some great friends there, both men and women, who also became great Facebook friends, but since they "remodeled" and worsened CM, doing away with forums, all I ever got was hit on by 20-30 year old scammers. Needless to say, I stopped paying wasted money on it. Never will again.

Thanks for allowing me to voice my opinion of so-called "dating" sites.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 5 Jul, 2017 11:29 PM

Woman are very very strange hippocritical look but don't touch types sometimes... just the crazy way they are and not to be taken seriously I guess.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 6 Jul, 2017 09:45 PM

Women over 30 don't need a man. They have all the stuff and children they need. So if you are not exactly what they are looking for, appear to be too much effort, or come across in some way they don't like, there is a real good chance they are not going to respond. You are also competing in a field of people sending them responses from all over. A large percentage of those people are fabrications. If your profile is 100% legitimate you probably pale by comparison. In the defense of women, that job of holding the door shut is as tiring as knocking on the door.

There are more men looking than women, so fellas, they hold the upper hand. The world became a woman's world quite some time ago, get used to it and learn the rules.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 7 Jul, 2017 10:55 AM

Hi Musician,

i understand your frustration, you have voiced what many people feel, but it's no reason to give up, just hang in there, be genuine, be yourself, the right woman will find you in time

i also agree with GammaGM, it's really a woman's world now, i must also add that there is soo much to sift through, unfortunately the profiles with glitters, whistles, bells and showroom finished polish is what catch the people eyes these days, including here( sad but true) some find out later that it's not evevything that glitters is gold ( should i say good) both men and women are guilty , online dating will always be a greater risk for genuine people, many of us will be left with bruises and deep scars, but i say we must persevere, our day will come when we least espect

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 9 Jul, 2017 07:55 PM

dont give up. pray more.and be patient.we are here to find and choose.girls and boys are the same.even on online dating site.maybe God is still looking the right partner for you.or practicing your patient.I already joined on this dating site many years.I leave once because of problem of communication. but still returning here.my chatmate then said dont return on this website because of scammers but I said no.God knows what to do.My God give me the gift of hope.so I said thy will be done.

H3368

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 11 Jul, 2017 09:55 AM

Rambo919: "Woman are very very strange hippocritical look but don't touch types sometimes... just the crazy way they are and not to be taken seriously I guess."

Really!? Wow. You mean women can't have tastes, standards or exercise free will on a free internet meet market (keyword: free")? Your statement makes you appear rather ignorant.

But let me speak to the matter from my "hypocritical" and "crazy" female perspective: If a man contacts me through a free internet dating site, I am in no way obliged to respond if I am simply not interested for whatever reason I have. And he'll get the message that i'm not interested when I don't respond. I don't owe him a response or an explanation. My time is valuable and there are some pretty creeeeepy peeps surfing on this site. (I especially get a kick out of the dudes who take pictures on themselves in the shower with no shirt on, btw...).

So based on your myopic and mysogenist reasoning skills, I too must be "crazy" and "hypocritical," huh? You know nothing about me/women, yet you seek to make assumptions and soothe your bruised ego and dashed hopes by reconciling an explanation from your own limited perspective. (That's what the brain does--tries to make sense of things that in our own mind, conflicts with our perspective.)

Do you also classify women you run across in real life as you do the ones on a free internet dating site? Are they also "hypocritical" and "crazy" because they don't jump when you want them to jump and fulfill your desires like a dog would? I'd bargain to say that you (and the multiple other guys out there) don't even approach women in real life because you're too afraid of rejection, but yet somehow when you are rejected by a woman on a free internet meet market (keyword: free), somehow that's just the most terrible, un-christian thing?

I would also have to add that your parochial and messed up insights on women reveals your true nature of what you (and a lot of other seemingly Christian men) think of women, and confirms why I utilize free internet meet markets with a grain of salt, and why I'm ever-so-careful to guard my heart and go into any relationship using my head.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 11 Jul, 2017 11:17 PM

Buzzwords, so many buzzwords.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 12 Jul, 2017 06:53 PM

Just write down a serie of intellegent questions in advance and send one of them to each one accordingher profile content.

People like talking about their hobies and personal specific passion if it happend theyhave mentioned on of them on profile.

Try this and you will see. If you keep centred on them thy will not stop chatting. That help youknow the better

Ok brother?

musician47

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 13 Jul, 2017 07:10 AM

Reason I've been off here, I was in touch with one of these strange creatures we call "woman". First few messages from her were like "You bring a smile" "Don't leave, your messages brighten my day", etc. Then the notes became smaller, blaming her ISP for limited bandwidth or "something". Then yesterday, the same "Bye" sign off, claiming the Lord told her she was spending too much time on the computer, etc. Been nice, yada yada. She is listed as no longer active account. I've seen the pattern countless times. You're the best thing in their lives for a day or so, then it winds up either the Lord tells them they need to do other things, or ...oh, there are a million rubber stamp excuses for leaving a man in the dust.

Well, as I told her, I've already had my soul mate, the love of my life, my wife who went to the Lord in 2009. I don't have any business on a site like this. Even FREE, it's a ripoff and total waste of time. As my profile says, I'm into end times prophecy, and I feel we are so near the rapture, my focus needs to remain on what is going on, keeping myself on track, getting right with God and being READY. Searching for what I've already had, and knowing no other could come close is insane.

That will be my last post on this thread. I'm moving on to bigger and better things than "dating" (HA!) sites. God bless everyone.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 13 Jul, 2017 10:29 AM

@H3368

Just in case you actually did misunderstand me and did not just want to (very ironically given your rant) feministically dump on some man for daring to not grovel at the feet of woman in general. I did not mean ALL woman, some woman ARE actually only on here for vain attention from men in a "safe" environment where they run away at the first sign of consequences to their actions, others simply want to feed their ego's, whether you yourself are like that or not has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they DO exist. Saying SOME people are a certain way is hardly the same as saying ALL of them are.

Repeatedly looking at someone's profile and getting spooked when that someone actually responds IS frivolous behaviour and not to be taken seriously, some men are that cowardly as well yes but it is mostly a female behaviour where the woman (or man) sometimes fools herself into thinking she is NOT actually being cowardly and just "changed her mind". If I WERE all those vapid buzzwords you threw at me yes I would think all woman are like that, fortunately I know better than to blanket accuse everyone of a certain demographic of something the way you seem to have done. Also just "drying up" and ignoring someone without a actual explanation when you have spoken to that someone previously is utterly rude and cowardly, does not matter who it was you were speaking to in a supposedly friendly manner.

You are the one full of "un-christian" hate here NOT me and need to seriously examine yourself.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 13 Jul, 2017 10:40 AM

@musician47 (who will probably never read this but here goes anyway)

This is the internet mate, full of people that act like idiots because they don't feel the pressure of real life consequences. Grown adults act like teenagers, some just want attention, others rant and rave as if it actually matters (have actually done that myself, good practice as long as you don't make it personal) yet others poke at random people for kicks. It's good to try and take people seriously but don't expect them to actually act like the responsible adults they supposedly are in "real life".

What yo are actually doing is exactly what you accuse a few woman of doing, cutting and running, only difference is you are adding a "huff" factor as if THAT actually matters. Tried that kind of behaviour myself in the more foolish past, only tangible results were impotent rage and heartburn.... oh the heartburn. Fortunately one is never too old to outgrow idiocy :D Obviously you were approaching things in a wrong way, simply (easily said I know) identify the idiocy, get over your inflated ego and stop being an idiot. Just in case someone jumps on me AGAIN throwing all sorts of baseless insults let me say that I follow the same strategy as I am suggesting, there is nothing to fear from admitting you have done something stupid.

Page : 1 2 3