Author Thread: Science and Pholosophy Goes Hand in Hand Both of the Devil
GospelofChrist

View Profile
History
Science and Pholosophy Goes Hand in Hand Both of the Devil
Posted : 13 Jul, 2017 09:39 PM

Whatever science is trying to prove or has proved they are way too late is all written in the bible. Nothing new under the sun. Pholosophy has no place in the bible as it is vain deceit.

Col 2:[8] Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1st Timothy 6:20] O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

[21] Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Ecc 1:[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

[10] Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2017 10:34 PM

Do not mistake the tool for the user of the tool, the devil happily uses the scriptures as well so are they automatically evil too?

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2018 07:11 PM

GospelofChrist, you have Scripture to state a very valid point.

However, I believe rambo919^ is also correct, in that science is a "tool".

By Scripture alone would we have come up with any cure for any disease... or does God simply want us to use the reason and logic he gave to investigate and discover sumch complexity?

Anything can be healed by God and yet we know that He does not do that, no matter how "righteous" people are or how many "works" and prayers we do. God has His reasons. (Romans 8:28.)

Remember how Paul advised Timothy to take some wine to aid him.

I Timothy 5:23� Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

That is scientific in a medical sense. We don't know the ailment and some (can only) theorize that the water was not as pure as wine would have been for Timothy's physical problem.

As for "big science"/academia/etc., like many of the immensely Gnostic/Buddhist quantum and "simulation" theories... yeah, those sound like "nothing new" at all. (They probably derived those concepts from the occult, "dualistic" [and the possibly ancient cult] Dead Sea Scrolls or Gnostic Nag Hammadi digs. [Ancient garbage, btw.])

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2018 11:44 AM

Keep in mind the verses you cited clearly indicate a specific category of philosophy and science to avoid. According to the Bible, the category of philosophy to avoid is composed of the false “traditions of men” that are “not after Christ”. The specific category of science to avoid is “falsely so called” science. There are many true sciences and philosophies. Not all philosophy is against Christ and neither is all science false.

zerocool77

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2019 10:07 PM

I don't think that is the case at all. And I'll elaborate at a later time, in depth but for now I'll just say science and philosophy are simply methodologies involved with searching out the mysteries of God. And had he not wanted it to be this sort of a thrilling exciting game of discovery and a challenge to explore and see if we'll have the witness that our ways were found pleading to God and He took us or if we find at the end of it all that our only encounter us to hear the words depart from me you who work iniquity or something in between. Otherwise I think he would have probably set it up differently. But you do have a point that much of what we've learned in schools that is passed off as science and philosophy do seem to make a good case for your interpretation. But I thinking it is this difference in semantics is because I find that scripture is something that requires a lot of science and philosophy to make any sense of it while we're busy wondering how much longer were going to have to wait before we finally overcome the flesh and become like Him and see Him as He is as was promised. And the Satan certainly doesn't waste any time getting right on with trying to flatter people by telling them they are now qualified in intellect to have an opinion on God or the nature of reality after having taken fully four thousand years to invent flushing toilets and toilet paper on rolls and that only in the past hundred years for practical intents and purposes. Be blessed

Expressimage^

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Mar, 2019 02:31 PM

Phylosophy literarily means (phylo -love, sophy wisdom) love of wisdom. Someone who is interested in thinking about the meaning behind the existence of things, the universe e.t,c, be he a spirit filled christian or a stack unbeliever or an atheist. I think your comment was meant for atheist unbelievers. Everyone who thinks so much about humanity, why and how they should relate, why the universe and such concept is a phylosopher