Author Thread: Why do people want only text-dating?
Admin

Why do people want only text-dating?
Posted : 25 Jul, 2017 06:38 AM

I don't get it. A guy shows interest, he asks you what you would prefer in dating, you tell him. Then when you hold his feet to the fire, he only wants to text you. Not talk on the phone. Not meet and greet. What happened to the normal way of doing things? Now I know that online dating is a modern phenomena, but there's got to be a few people left that know what "making an effort" means!

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2018 04:03 AM

I think it's worthwhile noting that some people are online who have never had a relationship. And they would run a mile from the prospect of meeting someone in reality. I think we have be wise when communicating online, and not allow months of emails flying to and fro to happen when you've not even talked on the phone & have no firm plans to meet.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2018 07:33 AM

I have a policy against texting with men in a conversation style. Especially ones I don't know. It only causes confusion & is emotionally dangerous. Most of the excuses given here for texting are the reasons I won't do it.

I'm looking for a real, legitimate connection. Not a relationship with my phone. By nature of the medium there's a disconnect between two people when texting. When you can not look in a person's eyes or at least hear their voice you really can't fully interpret what they're communicating or if they are even understanding you!

I'm also not looking for a pen-pal so if a man does reach out to me online with an email exchange & doesn't ask for a date of some kind within a reasonable amount of time I will assume he's not serious about his dating pursuits and will move on.

A woman's heart is the most precious thing a man can be given in this life & it should be earned through effort & risk! A woman takes a huge risk when she opens her heart to a man, so it's not crazy for us to expect men who pursue us to take a risk as well. And since you're built emotionally stronger, you really ought to be taking the risk first. The man I give my heart to will be the one that proves worthy of protecting it, not stealing it.

//Soapbox dismount

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2018 07:07 AM

WOW rhet404 AWESOME line "not looking to have a relationship with my phone" awesome!!! not the phone, nor the computer...

I have always said if I'm going to be lonely, I'm going to be by myself and lonely...not in any type of relationship that would take my focus away from what i really want.

Page : 1 2