Author Thread: Your Profile Effort
1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 29 Sep, 2017 04:02 PM

Every so often I read through some of the men's profiles looking for testimonies. I have found that mostly the men create better profiles then the women do. The men depict more spiritual depth then the women do. Assuming that everyone is sincere I would have to give a kudo to my brothers.

So many women have one liners that say nothing about themselves Some do not even have that much. I think that I know the answer but I ask anyway:

Why do many of the women put less effort into their profiles then the men do? Ladies feel free to chime in.

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 30 Sep, 2017 12:46 PM

I'd tell you but half of everyone would get prissy again... men included.

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 30 Sep, 2017 05:21 PM

Rambo please do tell, I for one thrive on prissy LOL

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 30 Sep, 2017 05:32 PM

Could it be that when we do our profiles it's a form of expression a schematic of our personality ? hmm don't these beautiful feathers of courtship look fantastic ? LOL in the animal kingdom it's the males who tend toward attractive colours to dazzle a mate but in human society it's the female who dazzles with colour, but still as we are male we adorn our profiles with sweet treats and enticements all the same.... whichever way we look at it I'm sure there is a vast lake of humour to be found, if only Mallards could speak, I'm sure they'd quack a joke or two.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 30 Sep, 2017 06:33 PM

Rambo Do tell. Personally i suspect that most women are not used to making the effort to attract men. BUT this is the internet and a Christian dating site, so I wonder what the women are trying to convey about their spiritual depth when they write so little about themselves. There are a lot of mature people here (not age related) and just having a pretty picture is often not enough. I know that for myself if the picture looks good but there is not depth conveyed in the rest I will move on to a profile that does not have a picture but speaks of the woman's heart.

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 1 Oct, 2017 02:19 AM

Well mostly its usually fear or selfishness. On one hand they are simply terrified of opening up themselves to public display and think up all sorts of excuses like "I'm not gonna sell myself" on the other hand... The MAN has to do all the work, take all the risks and the woman is the prise he is trying to gain BUT must never actually be considered a prise... yes to them this makes perfect sense.

The reality of human pairing actually BEING a market where you HAVE to sell yourself they purposefully avoid because it tastes bad. They don't want to consider that they have to actually take a GOOD look at themselves and accurately price themselves (usually because the worth is humiliatingly low compared to their sometimes hideously inflated ego's) so they simply.... don't.

The end result being that the woman reveals as little as possible to not risk devaluating herself or her delusional self image... or actually actively hiding flaws to try and fool someone into accepting her without knowing her dark spots. They for some reason do not realise that men pick up on this attempts at deception and either fool them in return (which is why the fools KEEP getting exactly the wrong men for them serially) or simply discard them in disgust.

Personally speaking its simply not worth the effort to plaster a fake smile on my face and attempt to converse with a "empty shell" about the weather as if I actually care. Either she finds the courage to show herself to the world as she actually is and without pages of repetitious nothing or hides behind walls of bible verses or I pass her by. She must face the world with her own voice regardless of how out of tune it might sound or she WILL find the tragedy she is courting of either dying surrounded by cats or in the arms of a faithless man.

The funny one's are the "don't judge a book by it's cover" type that only ever actually presents the cover.... ok deary that's nice... NEXT.

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 1 Oct, 2017 05:38 AM

OH DEAR RAMBO, I was expecting an opportunity to get prissy, I was hoping for a bit of fisticuffs...DENIED ! bah humbug ! instead you presented a well reasoned arguement, that particular whiff of truth is a sad indictment, or to paraphrase the trump, "it's very very bad for the romantic economy, very bad !", perhaps the NFL can help out by getting down on one knee ?

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 1 Oct, 2017 05:39 AM

OH DEAR RAMBO, I was expecting an opportunity to get prissy, I was hoping for a bit of fisticuffs...DENIED ! bah humbug ! instead you presented a well reasoned arguement, that particular whiff of truth is a sad indictment, or to paraphrase the trump, "it's very very bad for the romantic economy, very bad !", perhaps the NFL can help out by getting down on one knee ?

1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 1 Oct, 2017 12:50 PM

Rambo: You expounded well and as I expected. If I may boil it down to one word... Strength. That is what most MEN are looking for in a woman in any kind of a relationship. The feminist movement has worked hard to destroy true masculinity but in so doing it has also destroyed true femininity. There is a strength in the feminine that men admire and the culture has vilified. That strength of the feminine fits perfectly where the masculine is weak and visa versa.

I would like to see some women comment on this. Feel free to disagree one and all.

Hikerchic

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 2 Oct, 2017 08:05 PM

I think its simply, a lot of women these days have little confidence ie all the make up and expensive clothing ect. Women in general have a hard time describing themselves and they also have a tendency to care more about what people might think if they "really" knew them. None of that obviously has anything to do with God.... Though I do not think this is exclusively a female problem.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 4 Oct, 2017 04:37 AM

This is a dating site if you want to hear testimonies I'm sure there's a place for that. I for one am not impressed by people who lace their words with blessed this that and the other. Let me see your faith in action. Where profiles are concerned less is definately more. If getting to know someone I'm more than happy to share my testimony, talk about my family etc... things that I consider personal and therefore not included in my profile.

Page : 1 2 3