Author Thread: Do you actually 'look forward to' a first date with someone?
Admin

Do you actually 'look forward to' a first date with someone?
Posted : 4 Oct, 2017 10:50 PM

Do you actually 'look forward to' a first date with someone who is, by most definitions - almost 'a total stranger'?

Or would you prefer having a chance to 'get to know someone' in a 'less focused situation' - like being a part of a group of friends just meeting up for pizza on friday night?

In which situation would you feel that you probably would have the better opportunity in which to get a glimpse of the prospective partner's actual personality, better in?

a straight up 'date'?

or the scenario of a 'casual social situation'?

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2017 12:23 AM

I never look forward to a first date with a stranger i met online. Its so scary.... I actually chickened out on some... Its good to chat with someone for a short while first to get comfortable. Its important to talk over the phone as well and do some video chats to make the meeting more comfortable.

I prefer to meet that person only on the first date cause I will already be nervous so friends or relatives can join at a later stage.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2017 10:55 AM

I look forward to first dates I don't put pressure on myself, I go out with the intention of being good company, and having a good evening and that's what I do.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2017 08:39 PM

I like the way you think... very good attitude and I imagine that it is very likely, because of your relaxed and unpressured attitude, that you have far more 'good' first dates, than 'bad' ones. thanks for replying : )

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2017 03:05 PM

Hmm... I've only been on a handful of dates but thats because I have a hard time liking a guy enough to go on a date with them. That being said if I do go on a date I look forward to it even if I'm nervous about it. ^-^