Author Thread: Online dating a scammer
YuliaLovesJesus

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 8 Oct, 2017 08:01 PM

I cant believe it had happened to me!! I m usualy so careful..but apperently, this guy was a pro, he was such a sweet heart for the whole month, was saying everything a woman wants to hear! Made a proposal over texting me! 😂😂, send a beautiful pictures of himself, telling me how he was in love w me and my daughter, how blessed he is that he had found a missing rib, writing poems to me, so inteligent.....and at the end gave me these cheap lies about his bank account was hacked, and his contract was failling, so he just needed an extra cash quick...man...what a lier..

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 9 Oct, 2017 01:43 AM

I'm sorry that you had that experience these con artists are well practiced in what they do.

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 16 Oct, 2017 02:12 PM

Sorry to hear that, it was a bad experience

jidutu

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 27 Oct, 2017 09:27 PM

a Godly christian man will talk more about Christ Jesus,but scammer can not say more,they will say more sweet words to cheat woman,and we will find it is not the deeds a Gosly man do.not dignity.

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 10 Nov, 2017 07:03 AM

My sis, this is a DATING site...not social media. If they aren't asking you out after 4 short emails (within a week) then they are just tryna shoot the breeze during boring times.

You are MUCH MORE than that stupidness....don't allow it.

We must present our value...if they are not pigs, they will not trample on your pearls.

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 26 Nov, 2017 07:12 PM

Actually, 4 messages may not be enough. Some women are skittish about meeting men through the internet (so one wonders why they're here at all), and so asking them for more direct contact (phone, date, what have you), may freak them out.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 29 Nov, 2017 04:42 AM

I am not sure I agree about a set number of emails, I think that once you have built up a rapport with someone is a good time to meet. I don't really understand emails pinging back and forth for months on end unless your looking for a penpal.

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 29 Nov, 2017 09:03 PM

That reminds me of the guy who said he ran a ministry and did videos for his ministry. He kept bragging about himself and was very conversational and romantic. Said he was scammed online by a woman in Japan. He talked to me a few times and then said he wanted me to be the mother of his future children. I Skyped with him and he was watching a movie called "Mexican Condoms" and was suddenly not dying to be with me. His whole deal is to get women to subscribe to his YouTube channel for donations since he has no real job. Sorry that I rambled, but your experience brought back the memory.

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 20 Dec, 2017 05:39 PM

Isn't technology today so wonderful? Here's the thing, when I get sent pics or see pics online, I rip the images. Then paste to google image search. Found a few this way.

The other thing I do is ask them how the weather is where they live. Because most scammers don't actually live there. Then I google the weather where they say they live.

When I get to know someone, I ask them for their FB account. Fake accounts on FB rarely has anything on it. It's very telling when all the pics on their profile were posted a couple of weeks or a few days ago. There should be pictures and posts from their timeline for however long they have had it. Hope this helps.

Abbaschild52

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 08:00 AM

Yes how much they talk about Jesus is a good litmus test.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 09:18 AM

One thing that I do whether meeting people in life or online is to listen. I've caught many in a lie because I pay attention to what's being said. If what they told you changes, over the weeks and months red flags should be waving.

Page : 1 2