Author Thread: Online dating a scammer
YuliaLovesJesus

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 8 Oct, 2017 08:01 PM

I cant believe it had happened to me!! I m usualy so careful..but apperently, this guy was a pro, he was such a sweet heart for the whole month, was saying everything a woman wants to hear! Made a proposal over texting me! 😂😂, send a beautiful pictures of himself, telling me how he was in love w me and my daughter, how blessed he is that he had found a missing rib, writing poems to me, so inteligent.....and at the end gave me these cheap lies about his bank account was hacked, and his contract was failling, so he just needed an extra cash quick...man...what a lier..

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 22 Jan, 2018 08:30 AM

4 reply messages is all they will get and then I delete.

I need to hear that this GODLY man that has contacted me doesn't sound lie Mickey Mouse, Poindexter or the Incredible Hulk....

been through that ...person called and sounded icky...I hung up within 3 minutes of conversation

Please don't judge me...

I'm a singer/producer...I need great sounds, not icky ones

Adasa629

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 23 Jan, 2018 12:48 PM

I'm reading the thread and felt the sting of the scam who took stole more than just money. My relationships with family members was damaged because of my lack of discernment. It took a while for it to be mended. It was a hard lesson to learn. So now I ask myself what am I doing on an online dating site again. The answer is quite simple. I am looking for that one man who will stand up and say you're the one ...a long shot hey but it will happen I know

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 23 Jan, 2018 10:52 PM

Sorry, Yulia you were scammed. It really does hurt. What is worse are the people out there that are smart with the scamming. They play you along for awhile and actually play pretend and feed on your emotions. Then there are some who are just outright about it. Usually a dead give away is pictures and how they communicate. If possible try to get them in a video chat or even a phone conversation. I don't care what anyone says, you can tell a lot about a person over the phone. The way they sound or the inflections in their tone...says so much. If there are inconsistencies in stores that is another big give away...or they travel a lot or live in multiple countries things like that...kind of are some indicators to watch out for...Anyway, been there before in the past, and it does hurt...but definitely lessons learned.

mckinhimfirst

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 14 Feb, 2018 01:43 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that was your experience. you really are a Gem of a woman. God knew that in this world we would have trouble, face disappointment and be deceived, that is one reason why He sent His son, to show us a way in the wilderness and to nourish us in the desert. we have to keep moving forward. Have you ever seen a stream that flows both forward and backward? Probably not. Streams only flow one way � forward � and we should too. You may have or are persevering through a major challenge but don�t dwell on it, move forward and on to the path Christ has set for your life. Love.

sweetgreekfemale

View Profile
History
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 25 Feb, 2018 11:49 AM

wow sis - I'm still somewhat new to this stuff and I've been able to see there are many of those on here but then again, I'm not ready to pay to find a man (something just seems weird and wrong about that too) - This is suppose to be a "christian" site and it should be the Lord putting 2 hearts together and using this as an avenue, but to hear that breaks my heart. You never stated if you sent any money (I pray you didn't) but now perhaps skyping, using the phone and then having "them" come to see you is the way to do it? I haven't gotten to that point with anyone - The very few I have found who I know are real we seem to not be a match on both sides. I'm praying for ya and here for you if you want a friend I could use one and YES I can prove I'm a real nice person, (don't even trust this area) Seriously, we need to stick together - Blessings sweetheart, Yana (and I'm in Michigan) :) hugs

Page : 1 2