Author Thread: The one that got away
Admin

The one that got away
Posted : 12 Oct, 2017 05:13 PM

In 2014 I met a woman online, she is from California and I'm in Louisiana. We corresponded for months and decided to meet. I flew to CA on Valentines day and met her, and from that point we really hit it off, in that year she visited me twice here in Louisiana. I was on dialysis at that time and she accepted me and we even talked of marriage in the future. W

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 12 Oct, 2017 05:27 PM

We kept in touch and in 2014 DEC, I was called in for a transplant, she was the first person I called we agreed to do it. After my transplant, we kept in touch and planned to meet again after my recovery. In that time we both drifted and slacked in communication, and she told me to move on cause we were to far away..and she did not want to force me to wait. We kept in touch for 2 years and in 2016 I started a relationship with another woman. I called her and told her, and she said she was happy for me. She then called me weeks later to ask how my relationship was, and could she still call me ?...I said NO cause I wanted to be honest to the other woman. Biggest, crucial mistake I ever made in my life ! !. The other woman , never loved me, used me, and I made a huge mistake and we broke up. I tried calling her " Ca " woman and never got an answer. Since that day she has never answered me in several attempts on Cell, Email, FB, etc.... It has been a year now...I can't forget, and suffer daily with a burden of guilt on my heart. She really loved me and I took her for granted even though she told me to move on, I should have waited and it torments me daily . I have written and asked for forgiveness and no reply. I've asked God for guidance and to help me move on, but the urge lingers and she does not leave my mind. Any suggestions ?

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 24 Oct, 2017 08:09 AM

I am sorry to hear about your mistakes,,if you ever get back to this woman ,keep her this time,,why because she is a woman of her word,,you told her not to ever call again,and she did just that,go over to her state and find her and talk with her.take a flight or drive whichever,,fight for her..Best of luck,,do not give up on her for a second time.

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 2 Nov, 2017 10:01 AM

"In that time we both drifted and slacked in communication, and she told me to move on cause we were to far away..and she did not want to force me to wait."

Dear broken heart,

Dont take all of the blame, as soon as she asked you to move on she opened an insecure door ( but that is only my opinion). If you really are for each other, you will find each other again. If not, trust God for a better way. Blessings !

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 9 Nov, 2017 08:50 PM

Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it. Have a blessed day.

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 9 Nov, 2017 08:51 PM

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your opinion. Have a blessed day.

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 20 Dec, 2017 04:58 PM

I just read your post and I can't help but relate in a some small way. I met a guy on here. We met and instantly hit it off. We got so close so fast. We are both still in the middle of getting a divorce and we both thought, yeah who wants to talk to someone in our situation. But both of us being in the same situation we understood and I thought were ok with it (for the most part at least). For both of us our marriages were clearly over when we met. I think we both felt confident in that fact. So anyway, we text every day and met several times. I spent Thanksgiving with his family (had a great time). Then he had a day in court with his ex and all of a sudden started getting funny about communicating with me. Backed off almost completely, but the whole while saying I really like you but I am having a hard time... He all of a sudden did not like my situation, he said he never did (my ex still lives in the home, very uncomfortable but about to end). He said "I'm not that guy"? I could not understand why he was pushing me away. I wondered if he started seeing someone else or if it just that he really was having such a hard time with his ex and with my situation. I still do not know, because he just stopped talking to me. I guess it's for the best because if he is going to shut me out now than what does that say for our future? I did pray about our relationship from the start, letting God know that if it was not a good fit long term then I would let it go. I'm guessing that is the case here. It did not make the pain any less real. I really thought we had something special. We seemed to see eye to eye on a lot of issues. We really had a chemistry. It still hurts when I think about it. I miss him terribly. I only moved on to help with that pain and I know he is back on the site as well too, he did not put a picture up this time (trying to hide from me I'm guessing). I think just not understanding what happened makes it that much worse.

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 24 Jan, 2018 04:54 PM

There is an old saying that we all know and it fits this perfectly. If you let someone go and they come back it's ment to be. Well you let her go and she isn't coming back. So stop beating yourself up and move on. Find another special someone. If I sound like I'm being mean I am not just honest.

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 17 Apr, 2018 12:18 PM

I appreciate your honesty... Thanks

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 22 Apr, 2018 02:51 AM

I think you have to move on put the pass where it belongs, and look forward to the future all the best.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 27 Apr, 2018 06:02 AM

Brother Blueye, I think you made a big blunder. It was a bad decision. To tell you the truth if the lady was me ummm I dont think I would come back to you even after forgiving you. Because you showed that you are a kind of a man who does not get satisfied with what you have on hand. You still think the best is out there.

To you TNM, if you have problems with your spouse or you are about to divorce, that does not give you a green light to be in a relationship wih anyone. Stop hurting yourself for nothing. Forget that married man. As Christians we call what you were doing as adultery. Its sin before God. So there was no way God was going to bless your new relationship. Stop getting into a new relationship whilst you are still attached to your spouse. What was between the two of you was infatuation. You were acting out of the problems you were both facing in your marrieages. It was only to fix you other parties. Even after divorce take your time alone before you involve yourself in a new relationship. Lets always try to seek wisdom from God. Stay blessed.

Page : 1 2