Author Thread: Feminin Discernment
1jon310

View Profile
History
Feminin Discernment
Posted : 13 Oct, 2017 06:33 PM

Ladies: It has been discussed on the "Ask a Man" side about the difference between how men and women write their profiles. Men seem write profiles that speak of more religiosity then the women do. BUT there are those who feel that a percentage of those profiles are displaying a false front of religiosity.

Ladies: How do you tell the difference when first reading a man's profile as to if he is authentic in his profession of faith?

Or do you even care if he is authentic?

View Profile
History
Feminin Discernment
Posted : 14 Oct, 2017 04:37 PM

Hi Jon : ) Interesting thoughts/questions... only those to whom it matters deeply, will actually care what someone's stance is...

It is very important to me... but I also know that the real proof is in the quality and type of 'the fruit borne upon the tree'...

So how does one go about 'checking the fruit'? Short of someone having perhaps a history of online activity that shows their leanings over the course of some time, and that is not merely something put up recently (as it could simply be an attempt at a putting up a good front)...

Short of this... I honestly don't know...

'Profession of Faith' is of little value as satan delights in the telling of lies...

Other than that, as a woman, without the physical headship of a man, I believe that God Himself, steps in as the 'head of the household' and if a woman is willing to set aside her own willful desires regarding finding the right one - then He will be as a good father, and 'screen' her prospective 'suitors'...

It is difficult, for we are swayed by our heart... our emotions... a failing of the feminine gender, I'm afraid... but it also that same 'swaying of the heart' that leads us to love with such passion -you hardheaded men... lol...

So it works out, I suppose as it should...

But as I was saying, it is often times soooo difficult to do as we should... and allow God to do, what we ourselves, as women, seem to have such difficulty doing... and that is to make good choices through logical, unemotional evaluation...

May God grant His daughters the ability to close our eyes to the things that too readily draw us - and lead us, gently past the things 'best left alone'... He knows where we need to go - far better than we do...

A pleasant evening to you, Jon... : )

1jon310

View Profile
History
Feminin Discernment
Posted : 14 Oct, 2017 07:36 PM

Quiet Woman:

What you write reminds me about how those of us in the church hear about bearing fruit, but I think that it can be observed that the fruit has gone rotten while still hanging on the tree because the fruit has not been picked and handed out to others.

But I digress.

I think that what you said is valid. I wonder if there are other women who have found ways to sort out the fakes and are willing to share their wisdom.

Also you brought up the topic of a single women having a covering. And that leads me to more questions. Perhaps I will start another thread on that one.

osol_letse

View Profile
History
Feminin Discernment
Posted : 31 Dec, 2017 05:12 AM

I honestly can not tell if man's profession of faith in his profile is true or false. only the ones i send questions and reply to my questions, i will have small inkling of what they hold..that is if i pursue on knowing them. Some are the ones i chat in the chatroom are good. and we have built friendships already..they are the ones i believe as true.