Author Thread: Why would you want to marry a non christian?
ExodusMovement

View Profile
History
Why would you want to marry a non christian?
Posted : 10 Nov, 2017 07:03 PM

So many reasons, but really, if you love Jesus why would you want to marry someone outside the faith? How much could you really have in common? Worldly commonalities that profit little.

Now of course, if you are already married and come to the faith, than its different.

Anyway, that's my word of advice.

Happy searching.

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2017 07:58 PM

I agree 100% !

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2017 02:06 AM

Because you are stupid in love? Life and it's bad choices happens to the best of us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2017 04:57 PM

Totally agree. 2 Corinthians 6:14 comes to mind here.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2017 05:10 PM

I wouldn't even consider it. A house divided will not stand. God's Word demands that we not be unequally yoked with unbelievers . Was married to two men one in religion , the other supposedly a Christian. But he was only cloaking a hidden lifestyle behind it. If I have to remain single the rest of my days that is better than being entrapped in a violent, unfaithful , lifeless marriage . Hoping and praying things will change as one falls deeper into quicksand of a dying marriage that was only one sighted. I was the only one who meant I DO at our wedding. So nope if God doesn't have the right one out there I'm not willing to compromise my values or my morals to be a slave to a one sided relationship or marriage. By the way he had a Bible study at his house and worked for 2 big names ministries, so beware ladies they can cloak it So well.

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2018 08:01 PM

I agree with Rambo919... When you are stupid iove, you may compromise. I nearly did and I praise God for ending it, still with a broken heart, but not a broken life. So blessed that my Father is Faithful... He gave me a chance to be obedient. No compromise this time... It is not worth it because it ends with never ending compromises.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2018 02:15 PM

I wouldn't been there done that (not the married part) and never again I'd rather remain single.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2018 05:19 PM

Some believers do marry non believers, we all probably know that. Evn thou the Bible say, e not be unequally yoked. I know someone that did, and she been married 22yrs .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2018 05:28 PM

Some believers do marry non believers, we all probably know that. Even thou the Bible says not be unequally yoked. I know someone that did, and she been married 22yrs . I am sure she probably had problems during this marriage.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2018 08:29 PM

Id be more than willing to be fends and possibly date once or twice someone that is not christian, if they had strong morals and strong since of self respect.

But marry a non believer? no that is 100% off the table.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2018 12:58 PM

I tell my friends at work that I only date Christians. I am good friends with a very attractive follower of Buda so I put a wall there to keep us apart. Be friends only no more.

Page : 1 2