Author Thread: Please Don't Do This When You Post a Photo
Admin

Please Don't Do This When You Post a Photo
Posted : 15 Nov, 2017 01:07 AM

I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but since I didn't see it anywhere, I thought I'd share my thoughts here about this matter.

The first bit of information we gather about someone is their outward appearance. On a site like this, a photograph is very important. Some may say, "Well, that's pretty shallow. The Lord judges us by the heart." True, and we should ultimately discern the value of having someone in our life by what's in his/her heart. BUT... when it comes to finding a mate, looks bear some significance, like it or not. Physical attraction -- or at least not being physically repulsed -- is important, wouldn't you say? And, we all have those things we desire outwardly and those things that turn us off. So, putting up recent and clear pictures that put our "best foot forward" is important. Here is what I think should be considered when selecting pictures for display in a profile. (Being a heterosexual man, I am basing my thoughts on the ladies' photos I've seen, but I'm sure some of these probably apply to men, too.)

1. We want to see your face. This means

a. good lighting

b. no sunglasses

c. no bizarre filters that put rings of flowers around your heads or that distort the proportions of your face.

2. We want to see YOU... not your dog, not your cat, not your sunset. We are not looking to date any of them.

3. We want to see ONLY you, and not you and two other women so that we have no way of knowing which one you are. Obviously you with a dog or a child is not a problem.

4. I don't know if the men do this, but I've seen some of the ladies do this. PLEASE understand, dear women, that men are generally more looks-conscious than you are. It is not a sin, it is the way men are wired. So... do NOT put up a picture of yourself AND a woman who is better looking than you. Why distract from yourself?

That's all I got for now. Anyone got anything to add? Or, does anyone disagree?

musician47

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2017 09:38 AM

As they do on Facebook, "LIKE"! Right on the mark! You said what I've thought for one very long time! And thanks for stepping up and doing so! :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2017 02:20 AM

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2018 05:19 PM

I agree.

Now, take off that Jets shirt, and put on a shirt associated with a real football team!

I'm just messing with you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2018 08:34 PM

I can understand your frustration with some of the examples you gave. I'm not sure how many other women are like me, but I only have one photo visible on my profile and my face is covered. I don't want to be excluded from "photo only" searches, but I'd rather be contacted after a man has read my profile and finds SOME interest, rather than getting short "how are ya" messages from guys who just saw my photo and didn't read a thing I wrote. I understand a face is perteniant to the process so I have photos to share with serious inquires.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2018 01:34 PM

So where are your photo's? 😂😉😉😂😂

aajf

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2018 08:22 AM

Do you have the Gift of Knowledge ?....thanks for writing every single word that would seek to come from my typing fingers.....

It is how we are introduced to a woman - fact.

Nobody looks at a car that doesn't look attractive to the person and asks if the engine is good, or how many mpg it gets. When a car looks good, THEN they ask ( no disrespect meant towards the Sisters).

Love ...LOVE...the point about putting another woman in the photo....that's a real mistake.

aajf

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2018 08:26 AM

Oh my Sister, "How are ya" doesn't say they didn't read a thing. I have said just "hello" to some VERY interesting Ladies (I never send a message without reading about them).....it's just an introduction....hoping they will say hello and we start a real conversation from there. Though I don't treat everyone the same...I'm human, so I vary in my approach.